Our valued sponsor

World- Check - how to remove a name from Refinitiv database?

I know World- Check walks on a very very thin line in relation to whether they are in violation of the Data Protection Act (DPA) or not with their business model. Therefore, I also know for a fact that there is a relatively high rate of success of people demanding them to have their names,or company names, removed from their database. Specially when your case is very minor or you are just a collateral damage from some unfortunate situation and not of public interest.
Has anyone already tried to get a name removed from WC? Any experience to share on how/ where to start this process? Any law firms with record of success on clearing names? Appreciate all insights.
Thank you.

Reactions: troubled soul
I know World- Check walks on a very very thin line in relation to whether they are in violation of the Data Protection Act (DPA) or not with their business model. Therefore, I also know for a fact that there is a relatively high rate of success of people demanding them to have their names,or company names, removed from their database. Specially when your case is very minor or you are just a collateral damage from some unfortunate situation and not of public interest.
Has anyone already tried to get a name removed from WC? Any experience to share on how/ where to start this process? Any law firms with record of success on clearing names? Appreciate all insights.
Thank you.
2 years litigation using a UK law firm. I was successful. Bill in the region of $100k.
You might be lucky and a letter could be sufficient.

Ooh.. truly sorry to hear. Have heard of much easier cases but the law firm needs to pitch the right way invoking certain privacy laws which I am not fully aware, plus professional and reputational damages and imply they might be accountable for those but am not expert but been told there are avenues.

Thank you.

See my post below. The link in it takes you to their site. In faq section of page if you scroll down it tells you how to achieve this.

------ quote start

• How can I exercise rights to update or correct information about me, or to object to the use of that information?

If you are listed on World-Check, you may request your information is updated, corrected, subject to restricted processing or removed if you have good reasons for doing so. To do so, please email [email protected].
    We will consider your request carefully and will act to stop inaccurate, outdated, irrelevant, or excessive information about you being held in World-Check.
    We may need supporting information and/or documentation from you in order to consider your request properly.
    Once we have decided whether to update, correct, or remove your information in World-Check, we will let you know what the outcome is and what action we have taken (e.g. update, correction, removal, and/or making a note of concerns you have expressed on your report). We will aim to do so within 10 working days and will always provide reasons for our decisions.

------ quote end

Latest Threads