Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

Good luck utilizing the U.S., and don't forget that the annual filing obligations should be taken seriously in the U.S.
I keep reading it from various threads and users.

Do you really think they will hunt you down if you live in France, Germany or Scandinavia and you don't file your tax return in the Delaware LLC but just sign off as director and don't reply to anything?

I don't think so unless we speak a US bank account which they can see was floated with million of dollars!

Crazy to hear but it this true?
can confirm it is true, no one will get after you. It is new to me that you can't do that with a Delaware LLC any longer.

Back 8 years ago I formed a Delaware company using an agent, I didn't renew it after use for 4 - 5 months and just avoided to reply the agent, never heard anything.

Appreciated bro, after almost 4 months w/o news I am getting a little anxious...
4 months is a long period. They issue EIN in 45 business days, which is around 2 months. Call their support and ask them to check in the System. If the number is not ready, your fax/mail did not go through and you definitely need to resend it. It is possible that EIN was assigned for your entity, it just got stuck somewhere in post. You have to call and ask them over phone, they will help you.

I got EIN last week after waiting for 2 months.

IRS domestic support for EIN 180008294933

4 months is a long period. They issue EIN in 45 business days, which is around 2 months. Call their support and ask them to check in the System. If the number is not ready, your fax/mail did not go through and you definitely need to resend it. It is possible that EIN was assigned for your entity, it just got stuck somewhere in post. You have to call and ask them over phone, they will help you.

I got EIN last week after waiting for 2 months.

IRS domestic support for EIN 180008294933
Thanks but it says “number disconnected”.

Guys, my EIN application was denied.

"We are sorry we can't provide you with an EIN at this time.

The name and Social Security Number (SSN) provided for line 7 do not match our records. Please verify the information you provided and return the Form SS-4 to us with the corrected information".

Line 7 in the form:
7a. Name of corresponding party:
My first and last name

7b. SSN, ITINm or EIN:
FOREIGN

What have I done wrong?

I checked here: How to Apply for EIN (for your LLC) without an SSN or ITIN | LLC University®

"7a. The EIN Responsible Party must be an individual person, therefore, it will be an LLC Member (owner).
7b. This is the box that confuses most people who don’t have an SSN or ITIN and want to get an EIN for their LLC. The solution is to enter “Foreign”. The IRS issues EINs to foreigners all the time and this is what you must enter if you don’t have an SSN or ITIN."

Reactions: tomboy
Hi, if you have no SSN or ITIN it is correct to put FOREIGN.
BTW I followed the same LLC University instructions, and all went fine - except for the HUGE delay...
Yeah, I had the same huge delay and in the end, got this. Imagine my reaction...

I am a foreigner and don't have SSN or ITIN.

So, I was rejected by some idiot who didn't know that you can apply without an SSN?

Reactions: Btraveler

Latest Threads