Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

I didn't believe the irs did s**t
I think this is a very controversial topic.
You can refer the thread below:
If you read the thread it seems that many people believe that its a "one way street", but user "Martin Everson" who does seem to provide links implies or states that it is not at all a "one way street" and this this is a big misconception.

I am non-US resident, alien.
In 4 December 2020 I applied for EIN via fax +1-304-707-9471
more than 45 days passed. I called to IRS and asked them about status of my EIN application.
They said we see in our system NOTHING.
Send fax again. I sent fax to another number 855-215-1627
what I can to do to speed up this process?
How I can track status of my application?

I am non-US resident, alien.
In 4 December 2020 I applied for EIN via fax +1-304-707-9471
more thank 45 days passed. I called to IRS and asked them about status of my EIN application?
They said we see in our system NOTHING.
Send fax again. I sent fax to another number 855-215-1627
what I can to do to speed up this process?
How I can track status of my application?
You can’t check the status neither speed up the process. I got my EIN in 4 months, while for my other companies I am still waiting after almost 5 from incorporation.

You can’t check the status neither speed up the process. I got my EIN in 4 months, while for my other companies I am still waiting after almost 5 from incorporation.
1.But did I use correct fax numbers
+1-304-707-9471 and 855-215-1627 ?
2. If I incorporated LLC in December 2020, then I should prepare 5472 form in April 2021?
3. Can I prepare 5472 form without having EIN ?

1- No, the correct one is: 1-855-641-6935.
1-855-641-6935 hmm
Very strange but in ss-4 Instructions for Form SS-4 (12/2019) | Internal Revenue Service
form instruction
On IRS website says
"If you have a principal place of
business, office or agency, or
legal residence in the case of an
individual, located in:
File or fax to:
One of the 50 states or the District
of Columbia" fax to 1-855-641-6935
But I am not from USA, have not legal residence there..
I confused. Do I send the same Ss-4 form to fax 855-641-6935 too?

1-855-641-6935 hmm
Very strange but in ss-4 Instructions for Form SS-4 (12/2019) | Internal Revenue Service
form instruction
On IRS website says
"If you have a principal place of
business, office or agency, or
legal residence in the case of an
individual, located in:
File or fax to:
One of the 50 states or the District
of Columbia" fax to 1-855-641-6935
But I am not from USA, have not legal residence there..
I confused. Do I send the same Ss-4 form to fax 855-641-6935 too?
You are getting an EIN for an LLC which is formed and it has its residence in one of the 50 states, is not an EIN for an entity or person that is outside of the US. Also, keep in mind that sending the fax multiple times can make your EIN to take even more time to be issued.

Reactions: lory
You are getting an EIN for an LLC which is formed and it has its residence in one of the 50 states, is not an EIN for an entity or person that is outside of the US. Also, keep in mind that sending the fax multiple times can make your EIN to take even more time to be issued.
All correct. Anyway, after some months w/o getting noticed by IRS, I resent the fax and don’t think I rised any issue in IRS just for faxing them again.

My god I called to IRS several times and 4 operators said to me that I have to send fax to +1-304-707-9471 or 855-215-1627.
How is it possible that IRS can not give correct answer:(
Thanks guys.

Reactions: lory
3- No, you can request an extension of the deadline, talk to to your CPA and they will help you do it.
Yes I read about it in instruction of 5472 form
"A foreign-owned U.S. DE required to file Form 5472 can request an extension of time to file by filing Form 7004. The DE must file Form 7004 by the regular due date of the return. Because the Form 5472 of a DE must be attached to a pro forma Form 1120, the code for Form 1120 should be entered on Form 7004, Part I, line 1. “Foreign-owned U.S. DE” should be written across the top of Form 7004...

You can fax it to both numbers, it does not matter to which number you fax it, the outcome will be the same. You should stop calling and just wait!
I faxed to number that you advised above and called to IRS. They issued EIN to my LLC and gave me a number, but Operator said: IRS will fax confirmation letter during 1-2 months.
He said IRS have only one fax machine. Be patient

Latest Threads