Our valued sponsor

Wyoming, Delaware or New Mexico, please tell me what's your choice?

Has anyone here ever considered a Florida LLC? From what I've read they don't offer any anonimity but besides that it is almost the same as others. Don't know if it helps but it is easier for me to travel do Florida to open a bank account there. The lack of anonimity may also help for opening a bank account. My purposeis only getting access to the stock market.

By the way, can anyone explain this? In TD Ameritrade website it says that Wyoming requires 2 or more members in a LLC to open an account there. If I open a disregaded Wyoming LLC can't I open broker accounts?

View attachment 2652

There is NO requirement that your bank account has to be in the same state where your LLC is registered.
You can start an LLC in WY or NM (for anonymity) and open a bank account for it in ANY state of your choice.
Las Vegas, Miami or NYC are popular choices because banks there are used to dealing with foreign clients.

There is NO requirement that your bank account has to be in the same state where your LLC is registered.
You can start an LLC in WY or NM (for anonymity) and open a bank account for it in ANY state of your choice.
Las Vegas, Miami or NYC are popular choices because banks there are used to dealing with foreign clients.
Thanks. Is there any disadvantage in a Florida LLC? It seems cheaper than Delaware but more expensive than NM and WY. Maybe also less registered agents to choose from. Honestly I don't want anonymity. I will report this company in my way to my local tax authority anyways. But maybe I am missing something, as there must be a reason why it is never commented.

Btw, the last print I posted made me hesitant about WY. Can anyone here confirm they were able to open a broker account with a WY single member disregarded entity?

What's the reason to open a US company at all if anonymity or privacy doesn't matter ?
Tax optimization. Although in US LLCs are pass through entities, I was able to confirm with a local lawyer that for my country the only thing I need to report is "Shares of company XXX" and I would need to pay taxes only on the dividends I pay myself or if I sold the company someday for a profit. This allows me to reinvest the profits and accumulate more wealth over time. If someday I move to a territorial tax country I can basically cash out everything I accumulated without paying anything.
Anyway, even if my name appears in Delaware or Florida public records I believe I have some privacy. My local tax authority will only know that I have the company, not the transactions I make, unless they specifically target me in a investigation.

Last edited:
It's a good idea to have your name listed on the certificate of formation, as it will make bank account opening easier. If it's anonymous then you also have to convince the bank that you are the owner and manager of this company.
I agree, you complicate the entire case with not showing your name.

It's a good idea to have your name listed on the certificate of formation, as it will make bank account opening easier. If it's anonymous then you also have to convince the bank that you are the owner and manager of this company.
Banks will ask for your operating agreement in addition to your article of organization. If your name is a signatory or a member listed in the operating agreement you should not have any problem. I have multiple LLCs in WY and NM and never had any issue to open bank or brokerage accounts.
The only issue with banks is that they want a physical address for the business and/or owner and usually do not accept a PO box or a CMRA.

Banks will ask for your operating agreement in addition to your article of organization. If your name is a signatory or a member listed in the operating agreement you should not have any problem. I have multiple LLCs in WY and NM and never had any issue to open bank or brokerage accounts.
The only issue with banks is that they want a physical address for the business and/or owner and usually do not accept a PO box or a CMRA.
Some banks require that, it depends on the bank. US bank for example requires it.

As I stated in other thread, for USA LLC they asked me SSN in September of past year, so if you don’t have SSN ask them before going to that route.
This is contrary to every other piece of information I`ve found on the Internet. What other people say is that not only you don't need a SSN, people could create Wise account even without EIN.

Do you think they would accept the Registered Agent address? If I opt for the owner address, can it be an address in my home country? If not, what options I have left? Actually paying for an office service?

Last edited:
This is contrary to every other piece of information I`ve found on the Internet. What other people say is that not only you don't need a SSN, people could create Wise account even without EIN.
yeah i know, in fact I just told my own experience and no way I assume it is a general rule, what I simply suggest is to check with Wise BEFORE incorporating a LLC as a non resident, which should be anyway common sense for each legal step.
Edit: anyway I am very skeptic about w/o EIN, I mean you need at least SSN, EIN or ITIN!

@Dom pedro which country are you from?
Tax optimization. Although in US LLCs are pass through entities, I was able to confirm with a local lawyer that for my country the only thing I need to report is "Shares of company XXX" and I would need to pay taxes only on the dividends I pay myself or if I sold the company someday for a profit. This allows me to reinvest the profits and accumulate more wealth over time. If someday I move to a territorial tax country I can basically cash out everything I accumulated without paying anything.
Anyway, even if my name appears in Delaware or Florida public records I believe I have some privacy. My local tax authority will only know that I have the company, not the transactions I make, unless they specifically target me in a investigation.
This sounds a lot like my home country...just want to confirm

@Dom pedro which country are you from?

This sounds a lot like my home country...just want to confirm

Brazil. You have to be careful because in some places a Controlled Foreign Coroporation (CFC) have some rules, including taxation. But even in those cases, such as the UK, sometimes you don't pay taxes for business done overseas and financial trading.

I'll add in one more interesting option not many people consider.

4. New York - The opposite reputation of Delaware. Oozes compliance, thick bueraucracy, and heavy tax. Depending on where and how you do business, this can be beneficial.

sounds awesome with that heavy tax, and lots of compliance red tape, but would I be able to pay more tax somewhere such as California?

Latest Threads