Our valued sponsor

Wyoming LLC Address: What You Should Know

thaowessuwan

Apr 16, 2024
Bangkok
Hi guys,

Probably many of you use Sheridan as the business address in Wyoming.

A few months ago, I opened my LLC with one of the most popular and cheap Registered Agents in Wyoming. Everything was fine, I even got accounts approved with Mercury bank, Wise, Payoneer, Relay, etc.

But last month, I ran into a problem. When I tried to open an Amazon Seller Account using the virtual office address from that Agent, the account got suspended because of a linked account issue, meaning another person used the same address or phone number to opened an account in the past.

Dealing with Amazon is a pain in the a*s. Over the past three weeks, I've submitted tons of documents, and their latest response was that I need a termination letter from the third-party provider if I want my account reinstated.

In my research about the provider and its address, I found some complaints on Yelp and other platforms like Trustpilot, and discovered that we have even been in the news!

yelp.png

https://www.thesheridanpress.com/ne...cle_52b040ca-f622-11eb-a595-e7f2de685e62.html
https://www.thesheridanpress.com/ne...cle_5bc6b26a-0241-11ef-83d7-cbce11c81c45.html
Are they on the radar? What I have done is change my business address moving to Cheyenne, the capital of Wyoming, to appear less suspicious.

I hope this thread helps, don't make the same mistake as me by using this business address on Amazon.

buffalo.webp

Seeing as the number of businesses at this address is in the 6-figures range, I am not surprised. I see so many companies and registrered agents providing the same address.

Going for a better virtual address, for example - at a coworking center, makes more sense.

The problem is that you should use your own address in Thailand with Amazon. This is also what should be on the W-8 BEN-E form, not W-9.

My bad, I thought that I had to use an address from the same state where the LLC was formed, that's why I purchased the virtual office.

Lately, I have been moving around Thailand more than I would like and don't have a physical and stable address at the moment.

Yes one of the cheapest services is located under this address and other service providers like Northwest registered agent are reselling it. Thanks for the information, in this case I'd get an address from ipostal1.com or other provider

Exactly, many companies are reselling the same address. The problem is that ipostal and similar services don't provide any lease, utility bill etc. in case Amazon requests it.

Seeing as the number of businesses at this address is in the 6-figures range, I am not surprised. I see so many companies and registrered agents providing the same address.

Going for a better virtual address, for example - at a coworking center, makes more sense.

Good point. Luckily I have found a company that offers a virtual office with a similar price per month plus a $50 set up fee, and they operate in Cheyenne with a different address. They have been responsive to inquiries which is great too.

Reactions: JohnLocke and ilke
My bad, I thought that I had to use an address from the same state where the LLC was formed, that's why I purchased the virtual office.

Lately, I have been moving around Thailand more than I would like and don't have a physical and stable address at the moment.

Exactly, many companies are reselling the same address. The problem is that ipostal and similar services don't provide any lease, utility bill etc. in case Amazon requests it.

Good point. Luckily I have found a company that offers a virtual office with a similar price per month plus a $50 set up fee, and they operate in Cheyenne with a different address. They have been responsive to inquiries which is great too.
It would be great if you can share the company here with us so that other people in future can also benefit. Thanks in advance.

It would be great if you can share the company here with us so that other people in future can also benefit. Thanks in advance.

The company is https://www.smkbizsolutions.com.

However, I noticed there might be an issue using their address for opening bank accounts because they use a Private Mail Box.

When checking on the USPS zip code tool, it says COMMERCIAL MAIL RECEIVING AGENCY: Y , but it should say N to be a good one.

zip.png

Yes one of the cheapest services is located under this address and other service providers like Northwest registered agent are reselling it. Thanks for the information, in this case I'd get an address from ipostal1.com or other provider
iPostal addresses are mostly CMRA, which are rejected by bank/EMI compliances. You have to check whether an address comes up as CMRA in USPS check, if it does, then please don't use that address, assured rejection by banks.

iPostal addresses are mostly CMRA, which are rejected by bank/EMI compliances. You have to check whether an address comes up as CMRA in USPS check, if it does, then please don't use that address, assured rejection by banks.

Correct. Another good service for verifying CMRA addresses is Smarty.

Usually the addresses starting at $19.99 on services like Ipostal and Anytime Mailbox are the ones to go for, but it's important to double-check them.

-
By the way, if anyone knows of an LLC registered agent offering a virtual office that doesn't use the Sheridan address and is non-CMRA, please share the information in this thread.

Reactions: nesteauws and ilke
you register the company with this provider or just get the address and change it on your company?