Our valued sponsor

Wyoming LLC Tax Clarification

Hi. I come across an information that says if the business is set up in LLC and its not effectively connected in the US and not engaged in trade or business, I dont have to worry about personal income tax? If I do the business from another country, I dont have any physical office, or did not hire any employee in the US, can I say that I am not engaged in trade or business in the US? What are my risks of the IRS coming after me later on?
Thank you this is a great forum

Tens of thousands of companies do this for the past few decades, there's no point of IRS coming after you unless you trigger federal taxation. Just remember to file the Form 5472/Pro Forma 1120 Have you check the articles from @startfleetio ? They are very focused on helping non-us residents to setup US LLCs

Tens of thousands of companies do this for the past few decades, there's no point of IRS coming after you unless you trigger federal taxation. Just remember to file the Form 5472/Pro Forma 1120 Have you check the articles from @startfleetio ? They are very focused on helping non-us residents to setup US LLCs
I did. I got the article from startfleet and it was corroborated by another website which spoke about the same thing . Thank you

Since I am not from the US and having hard time looking for US CPA with knowledge in cross border payments would this website suffice? Taxes For Expats - Top Rated Tax Service for Americans Abroad.

Last edited: