Our valued sponsor

Yacht investment

clintk84

May 21, 2020
Visit site
We own production molds for manufacturing Luxury Catamarans.
I also have a partially built TAG 50ft Catamaran
Looking for someone or a group of individuals to invest Between $150k - $500k to complete the vessel for a share a profits or pay interest on the loan of 24% APR
Vessel has insurance which can be used as collateral to safeguard the investment.

WhatsApp Image 2021-06-28 at 6.42.04 PM.jpeg
interior.jpg

Reactions: Martin Everson
I’m not into sailboats. But I would be interested in an aluminum motor yacht 55-65 ft, with high performance (40+ kts) and wave piercing design. I think there is nothing like that on the market currently, but I suspect that there is not much demand either :confused:

Basically something like this but nicer and built of aluminum:

4EE3A504-8DA3-4513-8FEA-CDC421A5EFDF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: diatessaron
During our sea trial we averaged 25 kts with 225 HP at half throttle, but it was just the hulls, ie very light so we didnt want push the speed.
It is also full carbon fibre, so very light and strong!
It could easily work as a powercat instead of sailing if you were interested keeping it, instead of an loan
it will be a fairly short term loan 12-18 months, however we are also prepared to do the same loan agreement on the next vessel we build too
Ie, take the $120k interest on the loan reinvest the $500k on the next vessel

You may want to mention if you accept crypto. It may open you up to more people. Even good brokers like Denison say they accept bitcoin these days.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
You may want to mention if you accept crypto. It may open you up to more people. Even good brokers like Denison say they accept bitcoin these days.

Sweet! And very dangerous for compulsive buyers smi(&%

During our sea trial we averaged 25 kts with 225 HP at half throttle, but it was just the hulls, ie very light so we didnt want push the speed.
It is also full carbon fibre, so very light and strong!
It could easily work as a powercat instead of sailing if you were interested keeping it, instead of an loan
it will be a fairly short term loan 12-18 months, however we are also prepared to do the same loan agreement on the next vessel we build too
Ie, take the $120k interest on the loan reinvest the $500k on the next vessel
Nice but I want a boat that does well in rough seas and with a cat I will s**t in my pants

Yes we will gladly take crypto and pay back in crypto too

Ok.

So help me understand. Are you needing to fund the building the Catamaran to sell on when finished and need money to complete it? Or are you building to own and operate on maybe charter basis and split charter income for example?

The initial plan is to complete and sell it at an international boat show next year.

Basically at these shows, majority of this type of vessel on display are "demo" boats
If you want to buy one, either they are second or you have to order one which can take up five years to get
some manufacturers are already booked for the next 8 years!

We are actually a manufacturing entity, we are looking for funding to complete this build and once sold we will build more, so its not a once off project for us.
If someone wants to invest, once its sold they can either take their interest and capital, or they have the choice to re-invest again for another year into the next build.

That been said, we could use it for charter, which is very profitable as well,
but that would only be viable if we got enough investment to finish this yacht and build the next one (then we need to raise at least $1'300'00)

FYI

"Boat sales leaped to a 13-year-high in 2020. The National Marine Manufacturers Association expects this boom to continue.
U.S. sales of boats, marine products and services are estimated to have reached $47 billion in 2020, up 9% from the previous year.
Yachts are the safest bubble for vacation and travel, whether chartered or owned.
People have realized that you can control your environment and escape the pandemic with the yacht, while traveling in total comfort.

Global demand for 50-60ft catamarans exceeds the supply. Lead times stretch for 3 to 5 years. Some manufactures have booked orders for up to 10 years!
According to the April 2021 report from Grand View Research, the global yacht market—valued at $8.15 billion in 2020—
is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2021 to 2028.
Meanwhile, the global yacht charter market is projected to grow from $6.83 billion in 2020 to $10.82 billion in 2027—a CAGR of 6.6%.

A total of 242 new yachts came to market in Q1 2021, 93 less than the previous year. "

That is a supply shortage of 39%. Add an annual growth rate of 5% to the 242 new yachts means
there will be a growing shortage of more than 12 yachts each year, compounding over the next 7 years.

Last edited:
The initial plan is to complete and sell it at an international boat show next year.

Basically at these shows, majority of this type of vessel on display are "demo" boats
If you want to buy one, either they are second or you have to order one which can take up five years to get
some manufacturers are already booked for the next 8 years!

We are actually a manufacturing entity, we are looking for funding to complete this build and once sold we will build more, so its not a once off project for us.
If someone wants to invest, once its sold they can either take their interest and capital, or they have the choice to re-invest again for another year into the next build.

That been said, we could use it for charter, which is very profitable as well,
but that would only be viable if we got enough investment to finish this yacht and build the next one (then we need to raise at least $1'300'00)

FYI

"Boat sales leaped to a 13-year-high in 2020. The National Marine Manufacturers Association expects this boom to continue.
U.S. sales of boats, marine products and services are estimated to have reached $47 billion in 2020, up 9% from the previous year.
Yachts are the safest bubble for vacation and travel, whether chartered or owned.
People have realized that you can control your environment and escape the pandemic with the yacht, while traveling in total comfort.

Global demand for 50-60ft catamarans exceeds the supply. Lead times stretch for 3 to 5 years. Some manufactures have booked orders for up to 10 years!
According to the April 2021 report from Grand View Research, the global yacht market—valued at $8.15 billion in 2020—
is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2021 to 2028.
Meanwhile, the global yacht charter market is projected to grow from $6.83 billion in 2020 to $10.82 billion in 2027—a CAGR of 6.6%.

A total of 242 new yachts came to market in Q1 2021, 93 less than the previous year. "

That is a supply shortage of 39%. Add an annual growth rate of 5% to the 242 new yachts means
there will be a growing shortage of more than 12 yachts each year, compounding over the next 7 years.
Can you please DM me to discuss further? Genuinely intersted.

NVO