Our valued sponsor

"You have reached the limit (100) for conversation messages."

Don't you have the deleted conversations still in the trash folder?
If so, it is necessary to “Delete conversations permanently“ – select all of them and then choose this action... (If you have all selected, just click at Selected)
Yes, it is not very intuitive, frankly said...

If not, then there is really something wrong that only admin can cure, I am afraid...

Reactions: JohnLocke
That's exactly right, as some have already suggested you do. Anyway, I've increased the number of messages you can save for Pro Member status to 250 from 100 - so there should be plenty of room until you hit the wall again and need to delete.

If you want to completely avoid this, you might consider supporting the forum with a Bronze Membership for only 98€ for an entire year - you get unlimited mailbox space.

Thank you very much!

Also please note that the count on the message overview is misleading as it counts threads and not messages.

Don't you have the deleted conversations still in the trash folder?
If so, it is necessary to “Delete conversations permanently“ – select all of them and then choose this action... (If you have all selected, just click at Selected)
Yes, it is not very intuitive, frankly said...
In my view, there is no delete at all. I can only "leave" the conversation.

In my view, there is no delete at all. I can only "leave" the conversation.
“leave” <=> “delete”
Yes, it's not intuitive, IMO.
I've just used @JustAnotherNomad 's vocabulary from the first post, quoted below.
The forum tells me I have reached the maximum number of conversations, but I have even deleted/left half of them and I still can't send any messages anymore...?

Exactly, I don't see any trash folder that I could clear?
? What www browser on what system you are using?
Generally, after browsing to Conversations (Unlock the Gates of Success: Mentor Group Gold!) you should see it (depending on the webpage magnification in your browser) either on the left hand side of the threads list, or after clicking at the menu icon left to the word “Conversations” – see screenshots below (taken from PaleMoon 33.0.0 on Devuan Chimaera)...

Attachments

• before_click.png
    before_click.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 12
  • after_click.png
    after_click.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
? What www browser on what system you are using?
Generally, after browsing to Conversations (Unlock the Gates of Success: Mentor Group Gold!) you should see it (depending on the webpage magnification in your browser) either on the left hand side of the threads list, or after clicking at the menu icon left to the word “Conversations” – see screenshots below (taken from PaleMoon 33.0.0 on Devuan Chimaera)...
I think you need mentor gold for that. No trash for cheapos.

Exactly, I don't see any trash folder that I could clear?
I can only "leave" conversations and then I am asked if I want to block other user from contacting me again, that's all.
This is OCT. You only get trash after paying. Yes, I know, it sounds illogical if you say it out loud.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 02-54-26 Conversations.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 02-54-26 Conversations.png
    6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: Forester
As @Forester have already mentioned, if you click on LEAVE, it means the same as delete, and your inbox decreases in size each time you do it.

Logical or not, it's not something we control but Xenforo, who are the developers of the forum software.

And yes, the extended conversation user panel is only for Mentor Group Gold and Bronze members and also allows for sorting and creating labels, etc.

"Conversation groups" is empty.

What is strange is that I "left" lots of conversations, but it would still tell me I had too many messages.
But now I can see I'm at 53/250, so maybe it just takes some time for the quota calculation to reset...?
Anyway, it's working again, thanks for the prompt help.

But now I can see I'm at 53/250, so maybe it just takes some time for the quota calculation to reset...?
yup every 6 or 12 hours there is a job running. Anyway, good it's sorted out.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
I think you need mentor gold for that. No trash for cheapos.

This is OCT. You only get trash after paying. Yes, I know, it sounds illogical if you say it out loud.

Logical or not, it's not something we control but Xenforo, who are the developers of the forum software.

And yes, the extended conversation user panel is only for Mentor Group Gold and Bronze members and also allows for sorting and creating labels, etc.
Oh well. I was not aware of it. To be exact, I do not remember how my conversation panel was looking like ~2 years ago or so... :(
Sorry for posting a misleading information. My bad. (We might all know, that the higway to hell is paved by good intentions... ;( )