Our valued sponsor

You may not be interested in sanctions...

what word would you use to describe the relationship of the non"BTC cult followers" to fiat, state and central governance?
blindness, idiocy, suicide, fatal ignorance?
You keep talking about Bitcoin and Fiat as if those two are the only options out there, there are many ways to store your wealth, you have Gold, Silver and other Precious Metals that you can buy in an instant and liquidate just as fast, you can buy stocks and bonds, you can buy good paintings and different types of art, you can buy collectable cars or watches, you can buy Real Estate, many assets out there to choose from that will not go down in value by 70% in the blink of an eye.
I don't gamble with my money and nor should you or anyone else, if you want to buy a few Bitcoin hoping to get lucky one day, fine, but most of your wealth should be invested in other assets, preferibly tangible assets.

You keep talking about Bitcoin and Fiat as if those two are the only options out there,
as high velocity money these are basically the only two options
for long-term conservation of value there are other options indeed

there are many ways to store your wealth, you have Gold, Silver and other Precious Metals that you can buy in an instant and liquidate just as fast, you can buy stocks and bonds, you can buy good paintings and different types of art, you can buy collectable cars or watches, you can buy Real Estate, many assets out there to choose from that will not go down in value by 70% in the blink of an eye.
you would never say this if you would actually hold millions of dollars in these assets
there is nothing like risk-free investment
precious metals can get confiscated, counterfeited, lost, banned like anything else
real estate can get taxed, confiscated, involves maintenance (especially when distributed geographically)
stocks and bonds are not even worth mentioning, you can observe in real time

I don't gamble with my money and nor should you or anyone else, if you want to buy a few Bitcoin hoping to get lucky one day, fine, but most of your wealth should be invested in other assets, preferibly tangible assets.
bitcoin is absolutely tangible, study and benefit from this

as high velocity money these are basically the only two options
for long-term conservation of value there are other options indeed

you would never say this if you would actually hold millions of dollars in these assets
there is nothing like risk-free investment
precious metals can get confiscated, counterfeited, lost, banned like anything else
real estate can get taxed, confiscated, involves maintenance (especially when distributed geographically)
stocks and bonds are not even worth mentioning, you can observe in real time

bitcoin is absolutely tangible, study and benefit from this
No one has ever confiscated my Precious Metals, or my cars, or my paintings, or my watches, or my real estate which by the way is not even in my name, etc..
Go ahead and tell Warren Buffett and Ray Dalio that stocks and bonds are not worth mentioning.
Now go back and tell me how much money have you lost during the last year by having your money stored in Bitcoin? I'm really sorry by the way, but maybe one day you'll get it all back, I seriously doubt it but best of luck and be careful, the Bitcoin world is full of scammers, millions have been lost, but I'm sure you already know that...

I didn't see anyone mention PAXG yet. It's an ERC20 token (crypto) backed by gold. Making it the closest thing to actual digital gold, and I believe it has functioned reliably since it was created in 2019.

This PAXG tokens that the U.S government can just order wallets to be frozen? lol

Reactions: Jorozey
This PAXG tokens that the U.S government can just order wallets to be frozen? lol

Thanks, yes, you're right. If it's resistance to government sanction, nothing beats BTC and physical gold.

However I think most people are concerned about dealing with retarded banks and their ridiculous procedures, against which PAXG should be much safer. I can't imagine the US government pursuing PAXG holders based on citizenship, which I think can't be easily determined.

No one has ever confiscated my Precious Metals, or my cars, or my paintings, or my watches, or my real estate which by the way is not even in my name, etc..
Apparently you haven't heard of "Order 6102"

Apparently you haven't heard of "Order 6102"
I know about Order 6102, I'm not worry one single bit, I sleep very well at night knowing that my wealth is well diversified and no one can take it from me, I'm broke basically, so...

Once again, are you into hiding your wealth or are you into investing and making more money, massive difference right, but you can buy a bunch of Gold and hide it in a vault in Singapore, or Switzerland, or Dubai, they will open an account for you in a company's name and no one will ever know it's your Gold, the best part is that your Gold will not go down in value by 70% in no time, so if the point of Bitcoin is to store your wealth, I can think of many other asset classes that will do that much better.

Anyway, I hope you guys make a lot of money with Bitcoin, the more money you make the better for society, more money less problems.

I see Bitcoin at around $16,000, should I buy a few Bitcoin now or should I wait and see if it goes below $10,000 ???

I know about Order 6102, I'm not worry one single bit, I sleep very well at night knowing that my wealth is well diversified and no one can take it from me, I'm broke basically, so...

Once again, are you into hiding your wealth or are you into investing and making more money, massive difference right, but you can buy a bunch of Gold and hide it in a vault in Singapore, or Switzerland, or Dubai, they will open an account for you in a company's name and no one will ever know it's your Gold, the best part is that your Gold will not go down in value by 70% in no time, so if the point of Bitcoin is to store your wealth, I can think of many other asset classes that will do that much better.

Anyway, I hope you guys make a lot of money with Bitcoin, the more money you make the better for society, more money less problems.

I see Bitcoin at around $16,000, should I buy a few Bitcoin now or should I wait and see if it goes below $10,000 ???
If you wait to buy the cheapest price and catch the bottom you will fail, buy now and at every opportunity thereafter. Currently, your loss is capped at $16,000 per Bitcoin, while your profit is uncapped...

If you abstract away from the financial details, there is also the question of what your utility function is. Are you infinitely good at forever flipping a coin for double or nothing? You kind of have to be, because your win is unlimited and your loss is limited to whatever wealth you have accumulated up to the time of the roll. But most people don't do that because their utility is more like a function of their logarithmic wealth or something, and they really don't want to lose all their money. They fear that they may have to start building that wealth all over again.

This is not to say that I condone flipping a coin, for double or nothing, or high leverage, but when the game is crazy, you have to go with it. If you start resisting, if you start becoming normal, you are done for. As they say GAME OVER! It's better if you're afraid of losing, don't try at all!

Every subsequent bull market has made the previous bull market look like a dwarf, just saying.

Stock-to-Flow Model.png

Reactions: Radko
If you wait to buy the cheapest price and catch the bottom you will fail, buy now and at every opportunity thereafter. Currently, your loss is capped at $16,000 per Bitcoin, while your profit is uncapped...

If you abstract away from the financial details, there is also the question of what your utility function is. Are you infinitely good at forever flipping a coin for double or nothing? You kind of have to be, because your win is unlimited and your loss is limited to whatever wealth you have accumulated up to the time of the roll. But most people don't do that because their utility is more like a function of their logarithmic wealth or something, and they really don't want to lose all their money. They fear that they may have to start building that wealth all over again.

This is not to say that I condone flipping a coin, for double or nothing, or high leverage, but when the game is crazy, you have to go with it. If you start resisting, if you start becoming normal, you are done for. As they say GAME OVER! It's better if you're afraid of losing, don't try at all!

Every subsequent bull market has made the previous bull market look like a dwarf, just saying.

View attachment 4387
Thanks for the comment.

One of the problems that BTC has is that it's imposible to assess the value of one BTC.
If I want to buy Boeing Stock I can look at their financial statements and determine if the stock is overvalued, undervalued, and I can also get a pretty good picture of their future as they have a very long track record as a company that manufactures planes.
When it comes to BTC it's imposible to know as BTC doesn't produce anything, when you buy BTC you are just hoping that someone else will come in the future and pay you more money for your BTC, as I said "wishful thinking is a terrible investment strategy."
BTC was close $70,000 not that long ago, suddenly it's at $16,000 so why did the price go to $70K and then to $16K, is $16K cheap or expensive, it's imposible to know.... Will someone else come along and pay me more for my BTC in the future, it's imposible to know... Hence, it's imposible to determine the proper value of one BTC.

One of the problems that BTC has is that it's imposible to assess the value of one BTC.
If I want to buy Boeing Stock I can look at their financial statements and determine if the stock is overvalued, undervalued, and I can also get a pretty good picture of their future as they have a very long track record as a company that manufactures planes.
When it comes to BTC it's imposible to know as BTC doesn't produce anything, when you buy BTC you are just hoping that someone else will come in the future and pay you more money for your BTC, as I said "wishful thinking is a terrible investment strategy."
For making similar assessments with BTC, you should look into the following models/data:
  • Logarithmic growth curve
  • Stock to flow
  • BTC mining cost

BTC was close $70,000 not that long ago, suddenly it's at $16,000 so why did the price go to $70K and then to $16K, is $16K cheap or expensive, it's imposible to know.... Will someone else come along and pay me more for my BTC in the future, it's imposible to know... Hence, it's imposible to determine the proper value of one BTC.
It went to $69k because that's just how markets work. Similar price action was seen in other markets, so there's not much more to say. All speculative assets have risks, so you just have to choose which risks you're most at ease with. I'm sure Boeing's financial statements never foresaw the 737 MAX situation, although unlike Boeing Bitcoin doesn't have a government that will step in to save it from going to zero.

It can't be both. If one is true, the other becomes false.
It certainly can and should be both, for that is how investing works. No one knows with 100% certainty where the bottom of a market will occur. One can only take risk adjusted and managed positions in a market where bottoms are most likely to occur.

Are you a bitcoin analytic? How's your analysis, or the one of any other bitcoin analytic, better than a random guess?
No one knows where markets bottom or top. Although you always see a lucky few who choose correctly from time to time, you never see any singular person who chooses correctly every time. It's because that is impossible, and that's why one has to manage risk while taking positions at prices where one's analysis suggests bottoms or tops are most likely.

Reactions: Jorozey
It certainly can and should be both, for that is how investing works. No one knows with 100% certainty where the bottom of a market will occur.

Your advice is basicaly "buy crypto, the more the better, and don't ask stupid questions". It's nothing new.

One can only take risk adjusted and managed positions in a market where bottoms are most likely to occur.
How will you predict the "most likely" moment?

Hey, BTC around $22K, aren't you guys happy?

Sadly it's impossible to know if it will last, but given everything that's happened in the Crypto world the fact that BTC has been holding around $20K is pretty good, however if we go into a recession chances are BTC will go down considerably, we will see what happens this year....

Latest Threads