Our valued sponsor

Your wealth triggers

LibertyGuy

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
I'm sure there are many of successful people on this forum, interesting to learn what was the most important trigger that builds your wealth and impact your financial life. It could be anything - starting from some motivational book, mentors advice to winning the lottery, building solid business, investing somewhere etc. Also, interesting in whats you regrets (biggest financial mistake). I'll start:

My initial capital have been formed from freelancing about 15 years ago, when there were almost nobody who even knows about freelance itself in my country.
Then there were YouTube channels before It become mainstream and profits were also much higher.
Afterwards, I become one of the early adopters of Bitcoin, got some good profit too.
There were also educations courses, selling information turned to be a good margin business.

Overall, my main trigger that helps me to build wealth is continuously searching for new technology and information.
As to my mistake, I regret not to networking earlier, as my biggest profits comes from people that know me and suggest my services to their colleagues/friends. I also regret not having enough cash reserves, so I had to sell some of my crypto savings at bad rate for living.

What's your story?

Willingness to live with risk.

From what I'm reading, you're a rounded person who has taken the safer lawful path. But it's not the optimal.

You could spend good five years, sacrificing your social life and free time, working on your business, only to find out it's not going to be profitable. Not because you failed as an entrepreneur, but because the government raised taxes or hiked import duties on your supply chain inputs, eliminating your margin, making your business noncompetitive. Also, there are the "good guy governments" who grant subsidies to "strategic sectors" without any regard to respecting the rules of a fair competition. For governments, "fair competition" and "level playing field" are a relevant sequence of words only when it comes taxes, and only when someone is outbidding and poaching their companies.

When I put in that kind of effort into building a business, I don't want the governments or the underlying democratic majority to have any ability to limit my access to success. They always want their "fair share" when it comes to sharing proceeds, but never their "fair share" when it comes to sharing the risk and personal sacrifice. With that said, I do not pay taxes aside from what helps me keep out of trouble, and I only follow the law when it suits me.

I'm a former vegetable washer. It should come as no surprise to anyone who has been reading my posts. I spent a little time in prison too. One of the former clients sneezed on me to reduce his own punishment, at least that's what I suspect. What did I learn? Do not sacrifice your identity (to anyone). It's okay to do dirty business face to face to build trust, but it's better to go by another name, citizenship, and residency.

Only a tiny fraction of what I made as veggie washer was found. At this point I no longer accept clients, but I still wash CIT-evaded, VAT-evaded, and import-duty-evaded funds from my own business. One of the well-respected guys, and someone whose advice and ideas have helped me, Sir Richard Branson, started his career as a VAT evader.

Today I run a major online business which on the books and audits appears to be a dying Chiuaua puppy. The only thing I lose out on not telling the truth of a success is that ego and recognition. Everyone knows the CEOs and founders of strong brands, but nobody knows me or my business.

Am I sad? No. Without the brand and success story, you have fewer eyes on you, and that gives you more room to maneuver. Every business today is about building a brand. Everywhere where the camera is, they flash like sluts to get exposure and visibility. But if real money and real profits is what you care about, not the hype and media coverage, then going for a walk on the dark side of the moon as a permanent unknown is a more viable path.

Latest Threads