Our valued sponsor

What offshore bank is the most secure to deposit large amounts?

For large amounts of money to be deposit for some time' date=' say 1 or 2 years I would look at Bank of Cyprus and Standard bank Mauritius. Both banks I trust so I can find reviews, comments and much more about them back to 2008.[/quote']
Will vote for the same banks and offshore jurisdictions. Good additional banks are Anguilla Bank and there is one in the Bahamas which name I don't remember at the time speaking.

Reactions: alain and JohnLocke
This is great.. so many years later and my thread is upfront :) I have 3 different offshore banks today all are holding lots of money! main bank I use is in Cyprus (Piraeus) the 2 others are secondair offshore banks used for day to day banking when I have to pay my partners and vendors.

It doesn't matter how big a bank is, but how must risk they are taking. A bigger bank doesn't mean a safer one. The most safe banks are the ones that doesn't lend out any of your money. Compared to most of them that do put your cash at risk. You can't find too many of those really good banks around, but they do still exist.

Reactions: alain
It doesn't matter how big a bank is' date=' but how must risk they are taking. A bigger bank doesn't mean a safer one. The most safe banks are the ones that doesn't lend out any of your money. Compared to most of them that do put your cash at risk. You can't find too many of those really good banks around, but they do still exist.[/quote']
I agree, despotior insurance is another point I have been looking at. I don't deposit more than 100k Euro in each bank, so I'm sure I always have my money if things should go wrong again!

It doesn't matter how big a bank is' date=' but how must risk they are taking. A bigger bank doesn't mean a safer one. The most safe banks are the ones that doesn't lend out any of your money. Compared to most of them that do put your cash at risk. You can't find too many of those really good banks around, but they do still exist.[/quote']
Doesn't all banks lend money? that's why banks exists or don't you think that :)

Doesn't all banks lend money? that's why banks exists or don't you think that :)
That's actually why the banks are born. However, there are banks that are better to lend money to corporations than others. See the financial crisis annon 2008!

Yeah, a few of the good banks that I found are Bank Of Cyprus and CIM bank, the latter is tuff to get an account with. I have a friend who is right now in Switzerland to try his luck with this bank!

Reactions: alain
You have any update Khan? I found some "new" bank in Belize I started the application process with and waiting for their final approval.
I send you a PM... the banks in Belize only accept USD atm. I spoke with one that told me they will soon accept GBP and EUR again.. wonder what is going on there!??

Latest Threads