Our valued sponsor

Abandoning a Hong Kong corp?

drpreobrazhensky

Jul 5, 2019
Visit site
I've recently moved all business operations away from my Hong Kong limited company to a simpler structure (a US LLC owned by a BVI; yes, believe it or not that's much simpler).

I began the process of de-registering the Hong Kong company but it's such an enormous pain in my balls that I'm exploring alternatives.

One option I guess is just to abandon the company.

But I don't want to fly through Hong Kong one day and find myself detained and on the hook for thousands in government fees, etc.

Is it possible to sell the company as a shelf corp?

I don't have a Hong Kong bank account but I do have a Hong Kong Paypal account which has to be worth something.

The reporting, paperwork and incessant fees seem to have doubled since China took over, coupled with an aggressive and arrogant tone from my service provider (Jumpstart).

Combine that with broken English that makes the whole thing even less comprehensible, and I'm just ready to get out of dodge, cut and dry.

Any suggestions?

This is an old topic but to respond on it, took can just abandon a HK Ltd company, the government will automatically remove it from the register and leave you alone if you are not a HK resident.

No problem to visit HK or open a new corporation as well, unless you abandon the company and have debts or litigations.

Reactions: jafo
This is an old topic but to respond on it, took can just abandon a HK Ltd company, the government will automatically remove it from the register and leave you alone if you are not a HK resident.

No problem to visit HK or open a new corporation as well, unless you abandon the company and have debts or litigations.
When you mean abandon, do you mean just don't renew the business on that year?

Latest Threads