Our valued sponsor

About Stock Trading and Dividends in US

Yolo1234

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
I Want to open an offshore account so i could invest in the US stock market without the absurdity of 30% Dividend Tax that Non-US residents have.
I Was thinking that a Delaware LLC is a pretty good option to do this. Any Suggestions?
For the purpose of long-term investments.

How Complicated is it to open an account in a Broker? (Possibly TD Ameritrade)
Do i have to Buy an Offshore company and THEN buy an offshore bank account for this company? Or most services bundle them together?

Thanks for your attention.

I'm not an expert in the field but as far as I know you can't get out of that tax because is a US law, you can lower the amount but not eliminate it.

Open the account in TD Ameritrade is easy as long as you have the required documents, it took me like 2 weeks to have the account fully working (they send the password via mailing but if you call them you can create it by phone).

Like always, everything related with US the best is always to talk with a tax advisor from there because they probably knows more than us about it.

Hi Yolo1234 , if you are not a US resident why didnt filling a W8 form work for you? That should get you off completely of paying taxes for the US. Let me know, as Iam pretty sure years ago i did it and didnt have any problems. I did loose all my mnoney in 2008 due to the crisis though.

Latest Threads