Our valued sponsor

Account with brick and mortar bank for Hong Kong entity

I am acting on behalf of a client and we are looking for a traditional bank account to support mainly USD payments for a Hong Kong entity. The UBOs are 3 individuals from Cyprus, Turkey and Italy and the company is involved in telecommunications (buying and reselling pre-paid cards).

Any suggestions?

Reactions: PaulKruger
thanks. Have you been using it often? Are you confident about it? Because there are certain challenges for transferring money in/out of Vanuatu

Yes, we bring many clients to them too. Some countries don't allow sending/receiving the money to/from Vanuatu, but I see this rarely. If your transfers are coming from/to outside the EU, I don't see many difficulties.

In any way, I wouldn't think this is the only option for you. The fully licensed bank is not always the best, cheapest and fastest option. Your goal is to find a reliable financial institution (doesn't matter if it's EMI or a private bank).

no, i forgot to clarify that. They don't. Mostly it's in EU. That's why we cannot approach Asian banks
Depending on size, age, and the structure, you might have a few options in Mauritius and Europe.

If it's a new company with no presence in Hong Kong, your best bets are going to be EMIs like Wise, Wallter, Payoneer, WorldFirst, ConnectPay, and Verifo.

Look at Pacific Private Bank. Let me know if you need any help.
In this particular case, I'd say it's a poor recommendation because of the significant risks and limitations in services this bank has.

Their entire payments infrastructure runs on a single correspondent account of a Lithuanian EMI and only supports EUR, so the HK company would have to suffer FX losses if they even can transact at all with through PPB. With the scrutiny from ECB on the Lithuanian central bank, that's a fragile relationship. Not saying it will happen, but it's a risk I wouldn't be comfortable with.

It's been a long time now and they still seemingly haven't found anyone else who would take them on. That's a red flag.

That's not true. The Lithuanian EMI is only used for SEPA payments. They have more correspondent partners.
Do they have correspondent banking relationships with other credit institutions, or are they running payments through an FX provider? The only listed correspondent is still just the EMI GlobalNetInt. And last I heard from one of the directors, that was all they had in terms of correspondence.

Latest Threads