Our valued sponsor

Acquiring an online business: A tax planning opportunity?

newguyhere

Jan 4, 2023
Internet
Visit site
Hello,

I plan to soon acquire an online business. I see a tax planning opportunity and would like to hear your opinions.

Current business setup:
IP & business assets (domain, software) is owned by Seychelles company which is in distribution agreement with Estonian company. Estonian company pays 0 to Seychelles. Seychelles company has no income or expenses.

About me:
I am located in Baltic states myself. I might move to Monaco in the next 3 - 5 years.

The opportunity:
It looks like it is much better to keep the ownership of IP offshore. That is to register a new Seychelles IBC for the purpose of owning the IP. Once I am in Monaco, I could start a new operational company in a tax free jurisdiction and start receiving dividends tax free.

Questions:
1) Do I get it right?
2) Any different suggestions to go about it?
3) Is banking possible for Seychelles company? Is it even needed, maybe I could lend crypto to Seychelles IBC to make the purchase of business assets?
4) Is it legal for Seychelles company to come in a distribution agreement for free with Estonian company? think may avoid all base erosion rules.
5) If I buy the IP to my home country, would it be possible to later move it offshore without hassle (such as getting market valuations etc.)? Seychelles seems to not be in the EU tax haven list.

Latest Threads