Our valued sponsor

ACTIVO BANK PUERTO RICO -BANKRUPTCY

GuevaraGoldberg

Sep 9, 2019
Visit site
Not yet broke but probably in May. All funds blocked.

For the Spanish speakers: Autoridades de EE.UU. investigan a banquero José Antonio Oliveros Febres-Cordero de Banco Activo – Por la Noticia

Basically it says that their owner is being investigated by the FBI for various irregularities and he is currently hiding in Dominican Republic.

Dear client,

We hereby notify you that on February 10, 2020, the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Institutions of Puerto Rico (the “Commissioner”) issued an Order, in consent with Activo International Bank, to allow the Bank to implement a Restructuring Plan to reestablish normal operations, thus meeting its obligations with its depositors and other creditors.

The Order does not affect the general services of the Bank, as well as the economic terms of the deposits and other credits, so that those deposits for which interest payment was agreed, will continue to accrue until the date they are paid.

However, in the interest of protecting the rights of all the Bank’s depositors, the Order establishes that as of its effective date and until May 10, 2020 (or any other date determined by the Commissioner), the Bank shall suspend all payments.

During this period, the Bank may not accept or make any payments, unless the Commissioner approves in writing or restores said powers of the institution. We reiterate that all other Bank services including incoming deposits will continue to operate normally.

It is in our interest to put into effect the Restructuring Plan as soon as possible, in order to restore the full operation of the institution.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and if you have any questions in this regard, please contact your account representative.

We appreciate your collaboration and trust.

Customer Support

Activo International Bank

Thank you for your information, much appreciated, let's hope it will work out for good with no one loose any money!

OP what is the end of the story for this bank and your relationship to them?

Some time ago I met his cousin here in Spain,I even have his Telegram lol.... We were talking about doing some business together in behalf of 3rd parties but I saw everything really shady so....
They won't last so much
I can't read you, is this a good bank for you or is it a no go?

It's a shady bank runned by money launderers
If they are bankruptcy what is there to think about or to discuss, you won't be able to use this bank any longer, or do they operate under a different name maybe?

US authorities launched an investigation against the Venezuelan banker José Antonio Oliveros Febres-Cordero of Banco Activo for irregularities.

The owner of Grupo Activo, Banco Activo and Activo International in Puerto Rico, among others, has been questioned and sued for irregularities ranging from illegal appropriation of funds, violation of fiduciary rights to fraud, theft, qualified misappropriation and corruption. He has investigations in the Superintendency in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and the Curacao prosecutor's office working jointly with the FBI.

Currently in Venezuela there are more than a dozen civil proceedings, as well as several criminal charges and investigations in the Prosecutor's Office. All for qualified misappropriation, scam, corruption, damages, criminal association, and you stop counting.

Does anyone know how this ended?

Right now I don't know but I would tell you if I hear something
please do so, it would be very very interesting to get that piece of information.

I know the below is old news, very old, but since they took over Giro Bank in Curacao back in 2016 they may adopt this name :)

Last edited:

Latest Threads