Our valued sponsor

Advice on how to change ghost status

boomshankar

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello all,

First of all, thank you for this excellent community.

My setup.

1. Cypriot company
  2. BVI Company

The Cypriot company invoices the customer in BENELUX. The BVI invoices the Cypriot company.
The above setup works very well and had no issues the past years, apart from the need to open an EMI account for the BVI, after a Cypriot bank kicked me out.

What I need your help and advise for, is the following:
Currently, I am a ghost meaning that I do pay taxes nowhere as a physical person, have no social security, pension scheme, etc.

I have asked my accountant to register me as an employee to the CY company but he said because I live in Belgium, I should register here. Also, because I have asked this 8 years after the CY company formation, he said that this will raise some alarms.

In Belgium, the only way I see it is to become a freelancer and invoice the CY company for a fixed amount, in that way I can register in Belgium. This I am trying to avoid as I do not speak the language and for the >50% taxes and the horrendous amount of paperwork needed every year.

My objective is to be able to have a pension scheme, social security, EU health card, etc.

Can you please share some light as to what options do I have?

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: dirtyharry
If you are an EU passport holder get over to the UK before Brexit. Get an address get utility bills and then you can open a local account. Or to start with an EMI.

Build from there and you will be fine.
Now if you are a nomad then you can receive the payments without tax as you would say you are a tax residents somewhere else.

Reactions: Sir Gelato
Hello,

1. Is your plan to stay living in Belgium ?

2. For how long haven you been a "Ghost" ?

3. If you don't mind living in another EU country, you could look into :
Romania
Bulgaria
Estonia
Hungary
Portugal : "NHR program", even though I never really understood if you could get benefit as an entrepreneur
Italy : "Lavoratori Impatriati" Tax cut ranging fro 70% to 90% on personal income tax depending on the region you move to.
Cyprus
Lithuania

Latest Threads