Our valued sponsor

Advice on UAE?

Six
How many days in a year you need to live in UAE in order to maintain your visa valid and renewable the next year?
Once in every 6 months but you can get in problems with your home country eventually if they see you going like that on a UAE residency visa. Asian countries like India, etc are also looking into this now. Don't abuse the system or you will be looked at thoroughly soon. Good luck. It is due to all this EU and OECD are blackmailing countries like UAE, Panama etc.

Ajman is definitely the place to set up a company and or get a freelance license. You can residency with either from $4K.
A 1 bed flat in Dubai Marina (very desirable place to live) is approximately $12K per year.

If he continues to work he needs to make $3K per month. If he currently lives in any of the big cities in Europe then this will be easy in his line of work.

Ajman is definitely the place to set up a company and or get a freelance license. You can residency with either from $4K.
A 1 bed flat in Dubai Marina (very desirable place to live) is approximately $12K per year.

If he continues to work he needs to make $3K per month. If he currently lives in any of the big cities in Europe then this will be easy in his line of work.

Due to Covid 19 Saudi Arabia started income tax on everyone (both corporate and individual). If UAE follows them then it would be a problem for tax free expats. Corporate taxation was something recently brought as a good idea by a UAE lawyer (of course money maker for attorneys and CPAs) in Gulf news (in English too online) which is a local paper in UAE

Reactions: LastHero
Due to Covid 19 Saudi Arabia started income tax on everyone (both corporate and individual). If UAE follows them then it would be a problem for tax free expats. Corporate taxation was something recently brought as a good idea by a UAE lawyer (of course money maker for attorneys and CPAs) in Gulf news (in English too online) which is a local paper in UAE

If they do then it will be the beginning of the end. They are better off to increase tax on "haram" items and charge a bit more tourism levy and bring in a stamp duty on property. More than 1 way to skin a cat.

They should employ my services they could rake in billions and people will happily pay it.

The advantage UAE has over KSA is that its also a tourist destination and very popular with all age ranges. Plus a 5 night holiday in dubai works out cheaper than 5 nights in spain on a like for like basis.

This is something me and a friend of mine are hoping to get into. Dubai is a selfie paradise and is cheaper than Ibiza.

Six
Once in every 6 months but you can get in problems with your home country eventually if they see you going like that on a UAE residency visa. Asian countries like India, etc are also looking into this now. Don't abuse the system or you will be looked at thoroughly soon. Good luck. It is due to all this EU and OECD are blackmailing countries like UAE, Panama etc.

Are there any public infos about that? UAE seems don't have any problems with that..

Are there any public infos about that? UAE seems don't have any problems with that..
UAE does not have issues dear if you are coming once in every six months to keep your residence visa valid. It's your home country who checks up on that and then they can check your tax status. Depending on the country it might be a problem. If Asian countries like India etc are checking up on that then EU will definitely be a problem. It all depends your country. Those from Africa (except South Africa) have no issues with their home countries or Vietnam, Asia, Malaysia, Turkey etc have no issues. It's only high profile states have issues. Indians are the second largest group of property owners in Dubai. That is why India is looking into this. UK is number 5th. If you are from EU western high profile states then it's up to your home country.

thanks for your feedback. I am just looking into this now and contacted someone from the official side regarding the right package for me.

You mean a business setup in ajman is possible for $4k? Where can I look into this? I was looking into a company formation in DMCC but this would cost $12k...

I think the free lancer package is very attractive (sub $2k without visa, health check and e-id costs). I have just read that the e-commerce license is not necessary for my business because of the goods and target customers (not physical, not importing, not UAE customers - basically e-books). So free lancer would be very nice but which sector? Management? Once I have this + the coresponding visa, I can open up a bank account with this which is the most important thing for me to receive payments via providers like Paypal etc. After this I can always buy a cheap RAK setup and potentially use my bank account from my free lancer package, right?

thanks for your feedback. I am just looking into this now and contacted someone from the official side regarding the right package for me.

You mean a business setup in ajman is possible for $4k? Where can I look into this? I was looking into a company formation in DMCC but this would cost $12k...

I think the free lancer package is very attractive (sub $2k without visa, health check and e-id costs). I have just read that the e-commerce license is not necessary for my business because of the goods and target customers (not physical, not importing, not UAE customers - basically e-books). So free lancer would be very nice but which sector? Management? Once I have this + the coresponding visa, I can open up a bank account with this which is the most important thing for me to receive payments via providers like Paypal etc. After this I can always buy a cheap RAK setup and potentially use my bank account from my free lancer package, right?

You can check the Ajman official website it's called the entrepreneur Visa it's for Under 30's.
DMCC is the most prestigious of Freezone companies and the easiest to set up and open bank accounts. The address also looks good as your registered address hence the price.
DMCC also do a freelance for about 5K but double check their website.
Freelance consultancy should suffice for your needs.

The most important thing is the bank accounts but do remember to take advantage of the tax break and CFC rules you need the ID and tax number. That's to ensure you are 100% safe.

Dont be fooled that a RAK will help you especially an offshore RAK as that is useless. Pay the money for a proper set up for the freelance and never worry again.

You can check the Ajman official website it's called the entrepreneur Visa it's for Under 30's.
Pay the money for a proper set up for the freelance and never worry again.

I'm 30 and just finished my masters degree. Do you mean the pioneer package? Can't find anything regarding an entrepreneur visa.
Just this:

• Pioneers Package: AED 5,000

• Freelancer Package: AED 6,000

• One Activity license: 3,900 AED + 1,300 AED for each additional activity

• Services license: 6,500 AED

• Industrial license: 9,100 AED

• E-Commerce license: 10,000 AED

As far as I understood you correct, the free lancer package is best for my use case. It also looks the simplest and cheapest route, which I really like.

Be aware that it’s allegedly very difficult to open a business account with an Ajman freelance license. If that’s important for you, you might want to choose a different free zone.
The upside with Ajman is that the freelance license comes with 2 visa slots, so you could even share it with somebody.

Reactions: CaptK and Davis123
difficult to open a business account

Oh, a bank account is a must for me because I want to relocate there for real. What would you recommend? Maybe open up an account from a CitiBank branch in my country?

Also, where do I get the login details from to apply for visa and licenses at eportal.afz.gov.ae?

TWOFOUR54 media free zone in Abu Dhabi has no fees right now for media-related freelancers...

Last edited:
Oh, a bank account is a must for me because I want to relocate there for real. What would you recommend? Maybe open up an account from a CitiBank branch in my country?

Also, where do I get the login details from to apply for visa and licenses at eportal.afz.gov.ae?

TWOFOUR54 media free zone in Abu Dhabi has no fees right now for media-related freelancers...

Abu Dhabi are not letting in foreigners at the moment.
Sorry I meant pioneer visa you will need to open your bank account in Ajman that would be much easier.

Sharjah are doing lifetime visa at the moment when you register a company it's about 10k. I'm not sure what the terms are if you liquidate your company after a year.

You would be better off using an agent. You will pay a bit more but they have contacts in the banks already to get you an account. The one thing you need is patience but opening a personal account once you have a visa is easy 2-3 days.

With the freelance visas, you need to be very careful. Some of them give you a company (Ajman, FZE), while others only give you an employment visa, so you need the “employer’s” permission (NOC) for pretty much everything. With some, it’s hard to get access to banking etc.

Also be careful because some give you a cheap license, but then require you to rent a super expensive office space! So always check the total cost.

With the freelance visas, you need to be very careful. Some of them give you a company (Ajman, FZE), while others only give you an employment visa, so you need the “employer’s” permission (NOC) for pretty much everything. With some, it’s hard to get access to banking etc.

Also be careful because some give you a cheap license, but then require you to rent a super expensive office space! So always check the total cost.
I got a broadcast email from my contact inside Ajman Freezone recently about Freelance visa not requiring any office space. An Ajman Freezone company itself requires office space rented from Ajman Freezone. While some are sometimes from third party providers. Anyways CaptK is correct get an introducer to get bank accounts but investigate the company requirements as I know Ajman Freelance visa does not require an office space and introducer/providers try to sometimes sell your their office space (not required on Freelance visa ).

Reactions: CaptK

Yes make sure the company is reputable and get them to put in writing or in your contract of exactly what they are going to do for you. The UAE is fantastic when it comes to contract. Whatever is written in black and white is final. No grey areas or loopholes.

So holding them accountable is very easy if they dont do what the contract says. Plus pay for the service cheap is not always better especially when you money or freedom is at stake .

I got a broadcast email from my contact inside Ajman Freezone recently about Freelance visa not requiring any office space. An Ajman Freezone company itself requires office space rented from Ajman Freezone. While some are sometimes from third party providers. Anyways CaptK is correct get an introducer to get bank accounts but investigate the company requirements as I know Ajman Freelance visa does not require an office space and introducer/providers try to sometimes sell your their office space (not required on Freelance visa ).

Both freelance and pioneer dont need an office address but get one because the bank will request it. The guys on the desk only understand one way of doing things and there is no point trying to educate them. Just do what you have to do to achieve your goal however convoluted they make it.

Ajman freelance comes with flexi desk included.
But I’ve heard that others like TwoFour54 may require you to rent an expensive office from them - they just don’t tell you up front.
Some free zones may require additional documents like university diplomas, while others don’t and have faster processing times.
So always check the total price and all details.

A
Ajman freelance comes with flexi desk included.
But I’ve heard that others like TwoFour54 may require you to rent an expensive office from them - they just don’t tell you up front.
Some free zones may require additional documents like university diplomas, while others don’t and have faster processing times.
So always check the total price and all details.
After the broadcast I talked directly to contact at Ajman Freezone govt and he told me flexidesk not needed with the Freelance visa. Yes banks could require the flexidesk on its own. Ajman Flexidesk is gathering dust most of the time as people are not using flexidesk and only getting as a necessity. After bank accounts are opened you don't have to renew the flexidesk anymore. If you are living here you can use your own address as contact. Get a govt or private PO box address as mail contact. Mail can be delivered to your home too if you choose to pay from govt website.

Latest Threads