Our valued sponsor

And now we have Captcha! Solve it each time! For your convenience.

Remove it, for the God's sake.

Lol...I used to get this and still do at times. It is as Sols said. @James Spader will be able to explain better but its typically due to DDOS protection on servers detecting suspect traffic from your method of connecting to the site.

Don't get too frustrated it is there to protect the stability of the site.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Kol... it started to appear around 2 weeks ago. You didn't want to deter hackers before that?
How many hackers has it turned away?

Maybe the security system detects something unusual about your IP address or browser. Could be a false positive. Try a different browser or different VPN (if any), and see if there's any difference.
Or may be the new admin has changed some settings.

it started to appear around 2 weeks ago. You didn't want to deter hackers before that?
wherever f*****g Cloudflare is involved it's almost impossible to resolve it directly - it might your IP, your (outdated or unusual) browser, your TLS footprint, your canvas footprint, ...

if you're sick of that try to use some unofficial solution like CloudHole – Get this Extension for Firefox (en-GB) or and official one https://blog.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-supports-privacy-pass/

First of all, I have edited the title, we don't need such language here!

On a second note, there is a reason for why we have enabled captcha for some countries and some metrics. As @void already explained, we can't control everything in regards to cloudflare.
What is sure, it protect us from DDOS attacks, BOTS and other unliked traffic. For that reason, it will stay until we adjust our cloudflare settings again.

It is a balance between user experience and security, we try to do the best we can and always pay attention to complains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Martin Everson
Kol... it started to appear around 2 weeks ago. You didn't want to deter hackers before that?

You mean it started to appear for you around 2 weeks ago for you. For me it has been at least a year off and on. However it is not a concern for me. If you have issues then change your method of connection to something less fishy. Again don't get too frustrated your not only one affected thu&¤#

You mean it started to appear for you around 2 weeks ago for you. For me it has been at least a year off and on. However it is not a concern for me. If you have issues then change your method of connection to something less fishy. Again don't get too frustrated your not only one affected thu&¤#
I'm not on a static connection, I've been travelling for years and have been connecting without captcha, somehow.

Either somebody here, among the admins, has changed the settings to be more strict, or Captcha itself has.

I bet OCT doesn't have Enterprise license but a cheaper one where not much is customizable - in this case the customer is sometimes surprised what's going on after CF updates...

I'm not on a static connection, I've been travelling for years and have been connecting without captcha, somehow.

Either somebody here, among the admins, has changed the settings to be more strict, or Captcha itself has.
you want to try again in a few hours. Maybe something has changed ;)

Latest Threads