Our valued sponsor

Any good setups in Switzerland?

Also, within the EU/EEA (note that Liechtenstein is an EEA member, but not an EU member), CFC rules can't be interpreted too strict.
If you have proper economic substance in the other country, then they have to accept it, even if it means you pay very little tax.

Reactions: lory
Exactly. As someone with 8 figure wealth I would not even bother with Switzerland. The 35% dividend is outrageous. It can be reduced under treaty to as low as 10% for an individual but why bother with Swiss bureaucracy.

Around 2,000 CHF. A 5,000 CHF salary is quite common in Switzerland and most people can live on this comfortably if you don't get sick as like ambulance is 800chf and Rega air ambulance like 3,000chf. In Switzerland the unknowns are very high and Krankenkasse (Health insurance) does not cover everything sadly.
stupid, stupid question. Does withholding tax is the same as income tax ?

I mean, I get 8700 CHF every months (assume I relocate there) so what this calculater shows is what I get legally out every months after I have paid all taxes right?

stupid, stupid question. Does withholding tax is the same as income tax ?

Not a stupid question. It is different in every country. In some countries WHT may also act as a final tax but in others you may have to pay more or even get a refund after your final tax calculation.

I mean, I get 8700 CHF every months (assume I relocate there) so what this calculater shows is what I get legally out every months after I have paid all taxes right?

Yes.

If your not being paid by a Swiss company then best to use a local payroll company like Accurity . They provide varies calculators to show your take home.

Reactions: bizman
I recently met a guy from Liechtenstein who told me of what is probably the best loophole with Switzerland:
If you live in Switzerland, but you register your company in Liechtenstein and you have an office in Liechtenstein (could even be in a co-working space) and there is no permanent establishment in Switzerland (=you don't work from Switzerland), then you only pay 12.5% corporate income tax in Liechtenstein and no tax on the dividends the company pays you.

Look like this is not "entirely true"

According to article 23.2 of the double tax treaty there's partial reduction in Swiss taxation but not an exemption.

Latest Threads