Our valued sponsor

Any intellectual property broker here?

i don't have any that i need protected, i just wondered how you do it
i guess there is ip agency in us, then in eu...and you have to file for protection at both
also what about rest of the world (japan, australia, asia(doubt anything will work in china)...)?

always nice talking with you johnny you are a source of good infos, i always learn something new

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
i don't have any that i need protected, i just wondered how you do it
i guess there is ip agency in us, then in eu...and you have to file for protection at both
also what about rest of the world (japan, australia, asia(doubt anything will work in china)...)?

always nice talking with you johnny you are a source of good infos, i always learn something new
Registering a patent is a complicated matter and you definitely need the assistance of a patent attorney. It is possible to register it all over the world. In the US, you do that with the USPTO.

TMs are simpler and much less expensive to register and you can do it by yourself, including a worldwide registration. In the US you do that with the USPTO, in the EU with the EUIPO etc. It can be done online and the Madrid protocol allows for easy extension of the registration worldwide.

It’s not a legal requirement to formally register an IP, but it’s a smart thing to do as the registration proves ownership as a matter of public records and until disproven. Challenging a registered IP is a very hard task.

The problem with patents is that your invention becomes of public domain, so someone can always “improve” it by changing a few details (or just copy it and wait for your lawsuit). So sometimes it is better to keep the patent in “pending” status.

Latest Threads