Our valued sponsor

Question Any thoughts on Azerbaijan e/m-Residency?

You mean the same place that just had conflict with Armenia? You mean that oil and gas pump on Caspian sea masquerading as a country?

Personal income tax rates are fair. However what is idea behind the thinking of living in such a country? I can't think of any benefits other than maybe cheap petrol.

Reactions: JohnLocke
You mean the same place that just had conflict with Armenia? You mean that oil and gas pump on Caspian sea masquerading as a country?

Personal income tax rates are fair. However what is idea behind the thinking of living in such a country? I can't think of any benefits other than maybe cheap petrol.
Yup, that's the one. I was curious why I can't find anything on it, while Estonia had tons of marketing dollars thrown into theirs.

The whole program seems to be paused due to COVID.

E-residence seems about as pointless as Estonian e-residency. In this day and age, it's about actual, real residence.

Mobile residence might be useful, but you have significant reputational problems with Azerbaijan. Transactions in and out of Azerbaijan are more likely to be subject to scrutiny that more reputable jurisdictions. Not that you're in any way guaranteed to get a bank account. Banks in Azerbaijan are very finicky.

Reactions: JohnLocke

Latest Threads