Our valued sponsor

Any thoughts on GVS Bullion?

I don't know them, but if you have larger amounts to store in such places I would visit them. Tell them you only need a small box, go there deposit one coin just to see how it all works, if good, leave the coin there for some months, get it back and close the box.

Wait a little time, then buy online.

I came across these guys GVS bullion group. Seems it’s possible to buy gold bullion online, store it in their vaults and then also to pick it up if need be. Custody goes from 0.2 - 0.1% in their headquarters in Austria. Any thoughts or even experiences with them? Is it better / worse than physical gold etf or self storage?
If you want someone to store your gold for you, I would rather use the Perth Mint which is government backed.

Austia is inside EU so forget about it.Same goes for Perth Minth.

If you want to buy online and store it in a vault look for singapore
Perth Mint is not in the EU ! Perth is in Australia ! You are confusing Austria with Australia.

Read the fine print of Bullion Star in Singapore before using them, if you do you will read this:

19. Authorization for BullionStar to Act as Agent

The Customer authorizes BullionStar as an agent, limited in scope, to arrange for the storage, moving and coverage of the Customer’s precious metals holdings, arrange sub-custodians etc. as deemed necessary in the situation. BullionStar may sub-bail the storage of bullion to a secure facility operated by an independent storage service provider. BullionStar may transfer the bullion within different vaults without giving prior notice to the Customer.

10. Personal Collection of Orders in Singapore or New Zealand

....In the case where the release date in the online checkout was indicated as immediately, the products are typically available for pick up as soon as the payment has been received and processed by BullionStar. For items listed with a specific release date in the online checkout, the items will normally be available within 7 business days of the listed date. In extraordinary cases with circumstances outside of BullionStar’s control such as, but not limited to, delays from our suppliers, transportation delays and so forth, BullionStar reserves the right to initiate the delivery within 60 days of the placed order. BullionStar insures all deliveries from its suppliers. In the unlikely event that the items are damaged or missing in transit from its suppliers, BullionStar reserves the right of further delay of the delivery or repayment upon settlement of the claim with its insurer....

You don’t trust banks, you don’t trust fiat, you don’t trust crypto but you trust someone to hold gold for you? bor&%#

Good point but if I had a six figure $ amount worth of gold I'd feel safer having it in the Perth Mint than storing it at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: backpacker
I wouldn’t.
There are so many places in and outside your home that are much safer than any third party’s storage (if you believe that they really storing your gold).
Depends, if you live in a large house with a garage and large yard etc. maybe; but not if you live in an apartment. If you store at home never buy gold online and have it sent to your address, and never tell ANYONE that you own gold.

20210119-putin-gold-russia.jpg

Perth Mint is not in the EU ! Perth is in Australia ! You are confusing Austria with Australia.

Read the fine print of Bullion Star in Singapore before using them, if you do you will read this:

19. Authorization for BullionStar to Act as Agent

The Customer authorizes BullionStar as an agent, limited in scope, to arrange for the storage, moving and coverage of the Customer’s precious metals holdings, arrange sub-custodians etc. as deemed necessary in the situation. BullionStar may sub-bail the storage of bullion to a secure facility operated by an independent storage service provider. BullionStar may transfer the bullion within different vaults without giving prior notice to the Customer.

10. Personal Collection of Orders in Singapore or New Zealand

....In the case where the release date in the online checkout was indicated as immediately, the products are typically available for pick up as soon as the payment has been received and processed by BullionStar. For items listed with a specific release date in the online checkout, the items will normally be available within 7 business days of the listed date. In extraordinary cases with circumstances outside of BullionStar’s control such as, but not limited to, delays from our suppliers, transportation delays and so forth, BullionStar reserves the right to initiate the delivery within 60 days of the placed order. BullionStar insures all deliveries from its suppliers. In the unlikely event that the items are damaged or missing in transit from its suppliers, BullionStar reserves the right of further delay of the delivery or repayment upon settlement of the claim with its insurer....

Good point but if I had a six figure $ amount worth of gold I'd feel safer having it in the Perth Mint than storing it at home.
No I'm not.Austria is in EU and Peth Minth is in Australia which is the same garbage like EU
Your example of Bullion Start is legit however i would not use them.There are way better service providers which are even more protected but still in singapore

You don’t trust banks, you don’t trust fiat, you don’t trust crypto but you trust someone to hold gold for you? bor&%#
All because they are idiots.

If you want to store gold, do it outside the usual online service providers.
Buy gold (if you are convinced that it makes sense as an investment) wherever you want. Thereafter store it in Le Freeport, or another trustworthy free zone like Kloten, or a duty-free warehouse (many of them available in Switzerland).
Can you list these backpacker?

Thereafter store it in Le Freeport, or another trustworthy free zone like Kloten
Are they all in Switzerland or where are they based?

If you want to store gold, do it outside the usual online service providers.
Buy gold (if you are convinced that it makes sense as an investment) wherever you want. Thereafter store it in Le Freeport, or another trustworthy free zone like Kloten, or a duty-free warehouse (many of them available in Switzerland).
Many people don't even know that storing in freezones makes stored staff protected by "Obligationsrecht" which is treated as a security ;)

le freeport is in singapore and many are in switzerland zurich or geneva .
In Kloten if i remember correctly there is Loomis.
At the airport directly Brinks and some others.

Advantage in Singapore is you can rent boxes and don't need to declare the amount.
However if you live in europe you always can drive by car to switzerland to execute something to not leave any online traces

Last edited:
As @369 already mentioned, Le Freeport is in Singapore. From my point of view it only makes sense for residents in South East Asia. Do not forget that even though SG does not care, your country of residence might very well care and you have to rely on air transportion. Air transport means scanners and plenty of checks/control.

For Europe or anything close to it I would suggest Switzerland (freezone at airport) or one of the official duty-free warehouses.
One quite popular duty-free warehouse which is located in Embrach (ZH). In Romandie you will find something similar with Ports Francs et Entrepôts de Genève SA.
I do not want to advertise any specific location so I suggest you just enter the word "Zollfreilager" or "port franc" into Google.

Last edited:
As @369 already mentioned, Le Freeport is in Singapore. From my point of view it only makes sense for residents in South East Asia. Do not forget that even though SG does not care, your country of residence might very well care and you have to rely on air transportion. Air transport means scanners and plenty of checks/control.

For Europe or anything close to it I would suggest Switzerland (freezone at airport) or one of the official duty-free warehouses.
One quite popular duty-free warehouse which is located in Embrach (ZH). In Romandie you will find something similar with Ports Francs et Entrepôts de Genève SA.
I do not want to advertise any specific location so I suggest you just enter the word "Zollfreilager" or "port franc" into Google.
Freeports in CH don’t give any kind of privacy. Police can inspect them and goods can be seized, as it already happened. All what it takes is a bank monkey to file something somewhere and a curious/stupid/narcissistic prosecutor.

Latest Threads