Our valued sponsor

Question Any trustworthy and cheap companies to file forms 1120/5472 for non-resident US LLC?

It turns out that dealing with a basic LLC in the US is so much harder than a UK LTD.

I've been trying to find a trustworthy (with some online reviews) and moderately priced company to help me file 1120/5472 (before having to do it myself with my little knowledge about taxes...), and I can't find a single one.

Of course I can find a few websites with no reviews, and a few individuals; but it was totally different than my experience managing a UK LTD where I had many options.

By the way, I am not complaining about how things are in the US; just sharing my humble opinion with the community (and my fellow novice LLC owners).

Does anyone know a trustworthy company (with some online reviews) that I can use to help me file those forms?

Thank you.

I use StartFleet.io. Can recommend.
Thanks! I didn't know about them.

They have very good reviews.

But that's $399 just for Form 5472/Pro Forma 1120, and I probably can't use them just for that (I need to buy a full package).

Pricing is very similar to firstbase.io.

I have found this company today: https://onlinetaxman.com. Price starts at $299.

I didn't decide yet, but it may be useful for others too.

You can search fiverr , people there have reviews and charge the least.. but they aren't professionals.. just individuals who know how to do it and charge you very small fee..
I also say starfleet.io.. $400 isn't that much for something that is done once a year.. and you know it's done right.

You can search fiverr , people there have reviews and charge the least.. but they aren't professionals.. just individuals who know how to do it and charge you very small fee..
I also say starfleet.io.. $400 isn't that much for something that is done once a year.. and you know it's done right.

I did search some freelance marketplaces already. Prices range from $150 to $200 for those with reviews. But they refuse to show any proof that they're licensed to do the work they do.

It doesn't seem like a good deal:
- I need to give my personal details to unknown individuals (most are not even physically located in the US).
- I have no guarantee that they know what they're doing. (Freelance marketplaces force you to leave a review immediately after ending a contract. Most people will not have problems immediately. The reviews are only for the response time and quality of service.)

Startfleet.io and Firstbase.io (very similar) don't offer a filing service for 1120/5472 separately, AFAIK. I already have an agent that offers cheaper prices and I am happy with the service. Changing my agent is not a good deal for me neither.

onlinetaxman.com seems to offer a 1120/5472 separately for non-resident LLC owners for $300, but most reviews say that their service is poor and that they will not file in time (good deal for trustworthiness and price, but bad deal for reliability). I may use them next year (I hope I will remember to file earlier).

I came across this blog post How to File Forms 5472 and 1120 for a Foreign-Owned Single Member LLC - O&G Tax and Accounting explaining how to file the forms by yourself. It looks pretty easy to do.

Can anyone confirm to me please that foreign-owned LLCs only need to fill out the top part of the 1120 form? As explained in the blog post.

Again, I am not asking for free advice from tax professionals (who may be using this website too), but just sharing some information about my "struggles" deciding on how to file the forms, and hoping that some of my fellow foreign LLC owners help me with some information too.

Thank you.

Edit:
I have just found this other blog post: Form 5472 - Foreign-owned Single-Member LLCs | LLCU®. Very detailed and it looks trustworthy.

Last edited:

Latest Threads