Our valued sponsor

Anybody heard about UK Union VAT Mini One Stop Shop (MOSS) scheme?

lavel

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold
Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
If you are supplying e-services to consumers in the EU, you can register for the VAT MOSS scheme which allows businesses to submit a single return and pay a single payment for the relevant VAT due in the EU member states, to the UK VAT authorities. When using the VAT MOSS scheme you won?t have to register for VAT in every single EU country, but you will have to account to the UK VAT authority for the VAT due to each state.

Both EU and non-EU businesses and suppliers will have to register and account for VAT in every EU member state in which they supply such services to consumers unless they are a UK entity which can then register under the UK Union VAT MOSS scheme before 10 February 2015.

There are 2 UK VAT MOSS schemes:

• Union VAT MOSS scheme for businesses established in the EU including the UK
  • Non-union VAT MOSS scheme for businesses based outside the EU

Last edited by a moderator:
That mean that if we registered before February the 10th we will be able to avoid to charge VAT? does this can be confirmed somehow?

Yes exactly what i means, I have spoken to a tax firm in the UK they confirmed the OP, you want to hurry in order to get under this regulation with your company. Question will be how long this regulation will last or if they at the ened of the day simply change the VAT regulations again to apply for all companies from a certain date i.e. Jun 2016 or so.

If you are supplying e-services to consumers in the EU, you can register for the VAT MOSS scheme which allows businesses to submit a single return and pay a single payment for the relevant VAT due in the EU member states, to the UK VAT authorities. When using the VAT MOSS scheme you won?t have to register for VAT in every single EU country, but you will have to account to the UK VAT authority for the VAT due to each state.
Both EU and non-EU businesses and suppliers will have to register and account for VAT in every EU member state in which they supply such services to consumers unless they are a UK entity which can then register under the UK Union VAT MOSS scheme before 10 February 2015.

There are 2 UK VAT MOSS schemes:

• Union VAT MOSS scheme for businesses established in the EU including the UK
  • Non-union VAT MOSS scheme for businesses based outside the EU
That's cool, I believe there must be a huge workload for the many Agent's in the UK that are busy to setup UK companies for this purpose only!

Reactions: lavel
You may be right' date=' the UK and specially London is an epic center for business world wide.[/quote']
I know lot's of people living in Londong and doing business, most of them are into investment or some online businesses.. they don't pay tax !

Latest Threads