Our valued sponsor

Anybody opened an UAE bank account in 2021?

mike400

Oct 11, 2020
Visit site
Did anybody manage to open a bank account in the UAE this year?

If so, can you share:
-which service provider you used
-at which bank have you opened the account
-how long it took (from application to getting the account opened)
-type of account (personal/corporate)

(If you don't wanna share details publicly, just leave a comment on my profile or here saying that you opened an account and I'll upgrade my membership and DM you)

Reactions: troubled soul
If you have an Emirate ID, You can get a Bank account using only Mobile App.

not required

any Bank with Digital bank App

instantly

both

Reactions: mike400

both

I also have Liv personal, but they only offer AED accounts, right? How to send money there from EUR/USD accounts to get a good conversion rate?
And Liv also offers corporate accounts?

And will try Mashreq. (I was told by my service provider that "they are slow and say you can open online but they just collect your data and want to meet you 2-3 days later")

Reactions: troubled soul
Did anybody manage to open a bank account in the UAE this year?

If so, can you share:

(If you don't wanna share details publicly, just leave a comment on my profile or here saying that you opened an account and I'll upgrade my membership and DM you)
Hey you said you used already a service provider 2 months ago and this service was included, how come you need to ask it now, the SP failed in its promises ?

No - we didn't.

Patience is the key.
you could open him some business accounts ? how much time it took ? Just curious on how hard is the process.

cause on may 9 he also posted "I'd like to open personal and corporate account in Rakbank (in Dubai) but can't get a meeting with a banker. Everything is set up, business is legit and got all docs prepared.. Can anybody link me up? Thanks.." and it's was 2 months after he came to Dubai, would love to hear mike400 feedback about Dubai, and if it was possible for him to obtain business bank account, and for what type business

you could open him some business accounts ? how much time it took ? Just curious on how hard is the process.

cause on may 9 he also posted "I'd like to open personal and corporate account in Rakbank (in Dubai) but can't get a meeting with a banker. Everything is set up, business is legit and got all docs prepared.. Can anybody link me up? Thanks.." and it's was 2 months after he came to Dubai, would love to hear mike400 feedback about Dubai, and if it was possible for him to obtain business bank account, and for what type business
Send the user a PM - we don't disclose such details public.

If you have an Emirate ID, You can get a Bank account using only Mobile App.

not required

any Bank with Digital bank App

instantly

both
Which documents (beside Emirates ID) do you need, to open and maintain Liv account? I read somewhere if you want to make an international transfer, you have to come to Emirates NBD and show them your passport (first time only).
Do you also need ejari or dewa documents for address?

Can anyone with Liv app (digital bank by ENBD) check if e-statement shows your name and residential address in UAE? Can this bank statement be used as proof of address when opening accounts with banks/brokers/emi abroad?

Which documents (beside Emirates ID) do you need, to open and maintain Liv account? I read somewhere if you want to make an international transfer, you have to come to Emirates NBD and show them your passport (first time only).
Do you also need ejari or dewa documents for address?
“Liv” is a digital bank brand owned by Emirates NBD Bank, you can only open a personal saving account not suitable for business, with monthly limitations on international transfers.
Liv USD doesn't offer Debit Cards - Saving Account
Liv Goal account doesn't offer Debits Cards
Liv Primary offers only AED Debit Cards and a 10k withdrawal limit
good for daily expenses, grocery shopping, etc

How does Liv send physical card? Do they contact you first? Where to is card delivered, to your residential address or you pick it up in ENBD bank or to any other address you specify at the moment of delivery? I assume they don't send it abroad?
If I remember correctly, they call you to confirm your delivery address. I think it could be anywhere in the UAE - doesn't have to be where you actually live. However, when the card gets delivered, the courier will validate your Emirates ID in person and ask for your signature (and potentially fingerprints) before handing the card to you - based on this I doubt they can deliver it internationally.

If I remember correctly, they call you to confirm your delivery address. I think it could be anywhere in the UAE - doesn't have to be where you actually live. However, when the card gets delivered, the courier will validate your Emirates ID in person and ask for your signature (and potentially fingerprints) before handing the card to you - based on this I doubt they can deliver it internationally.
Hotel address works too. The collection is possible either with an emirates ID or passport
ps: don't use an International number when signing up ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: zzzzzz

Latest Threads