Our valued sponsor

Anyone have experience with Citibank IPB , HSBC Expat account.

zoom20092

May 21, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I would like to open offshore bank account.

- As far as I know Citibank and HSBC is stable , safe bank to store money.
- But Citibank IPB account need minimum deposit 200,000$ , that too much for me.
- So I'm making the decision to open HSBC Expat account because need lower minimum ,deposit just £50,000

What do you think , Could you please give me some advice.

Thank you.

Forget Citibank IPB. They closed my Dubai account with 7 figures on it. Citibank UAE said they no longer serve non-residents...and goodbye with little notice :mad:. So I terminated my Singapore and London booking center accounts. The deposit is the least of your worries it is the constant uncertainty they put you under from day one. I would never trust any US bank again and especially today. They could close your account for buying a Huawei phone ns2.

HSBC is the master of account closures also. That's all they do all day long..its a sport to them. From day one they will give you issues and will look for a reason to close your accounts. However some people have had good experiences with them. My experience with HSBC has been exactly as described in this video. They are the worst bank ever. Look on trust pilot also.

Forget Citibank IPB. They closed my Dubai account with 7 figures on it. Citibank UAE said they no longer serve non-residents...and goodbye with little notice :mad:. So I terminated my Singapore and London booking center accounts. The deposit is the least of your worries it is the constant uncertainty they put you under from day one. I would never trust any US bank again and especially today. They could close your account for buying a Huawei phone ns2.

HSBC is the master of account closures also. That's all they do all day long..its a sport to them. From day one they will give you issues and will look for a reason to close your accounts. However some people have had good experiences with them. My experience with HSBC has been exactly as described in this video. They are the worst bank ever. Look on trust pilot also.

Thank you very much for your review , you save my life.

Please advice me , Which bank should l fly to open account?

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your review , you save my life.

Please advice me , Which bank should l fly to open account?

Thank you.

You need to look at your citizenship, residence and a host of other factors. i.e if your Russian I wouldn't advise you to go near any US bank anywhere in the world for example right now ns2.

I would personally pick a non-European and non-US controlled bank. If you are not from those regions.

I have
You need to look at your citizenship, residence and a host of other factors. i.e if your Russian I wouldn't advise you to go near any US bank anywhere in the world for example right now ns2.

I would personally pick a non-European and non-US controlled bank. If you are not from those regions.

I have read many article about Georgia

They said Georgia is the most easy country to open offshore bank account.

What do you think , it safe to store money in Georgia ?

What do you think , it safe to store money in Georgia ?

Safe is a very relative word. I would say Georgia is stable at present and is doing well. Just remember a little over 10 years this country was at war with Russia and got flattened.

Reactions: Andrew Gooden
Safe is a very relative word. I would say Georgia is stable at present and is doing well. Just remember a little over 10 years this country was at war with Russia and got flattened.

OK , thank you very much , I'm planing fly to Georgia next week to open account with TBC bank.

- I have income from affiliate marketing and l'm Thai citizen,residence

- I can avoid tax in Thailand by legal, if l not withdraw money on same tax year.

- so l just need offshore stable bank to store my money about 200k per year then l just wait until next year then l can withdraw to Thailand without any tax.

[...]

Hi, good write up on the forum generally speaking. Some points are questionable but this is the purpose of the forum to discuss :) Have some questions here:

1. Judging from your rather negative comments about the UAE, why did you decide to keep your funds with Citibank UAE, instead of Singapore or London?

2. It's not my business but even after Citibank UAE termination, why did you decide closing down SG and UK accounts?

3. AFAIK, the only IPB divisions they have are London and Singapore. Do you know if there is any difference between non IPB and IPB divisions in this country? E.g. Someone having Citibank SG account, is there anything he could get advantage of by having IPB or it is exactly the same end product, operated by the same company?

4. Truth is anyone can close the bank account for anything these days. I saw financial institutions (not even banks) closing accounts for sending few euros here and there (hundreds, not thousands)... e.g. Skrill.

5. About Citibank UAE, did you know that their e-brokerage securities custodian is UBS Switzerland? Apparently the UK as well. Not sure about SG, but the brokerage offer of Citi SG is somewhat very limited (3 markets only).

1. Judging from your rather negative comments about the UAE, why did you decide to keep your funds with Citibank UAE, instead of Singapore or London?

I had funds at Citi london and UAE and Singapore as indicated below.

So I terminated my Singapore and London booking center accounts.

The whole package I was sold was geographical and political diversification. I was able to use the various branches of Citibank as booking centres to book assets around the world via working with my private banker. As I mentioned once Citi UAE changed rules I closed Singapore and London relationships in protest.

2. It's not my business but even after Citibank UAE termination, why did you decide closing down SG and UK accounts?

Protest

3. AFAIK, the only IPB divisions they have are London and Singapore. Do you know if there is any difference between non IPB and IPB divisions in this country? E.g. Someone having Citibank SG account, is there anything he could get advantage of by having IPB or it is exactly the same end product, operated by the same company?

Some products I believe cannot be sold in UK.

4. Truth is anyone can close the bank account for anything these days. I saw financial institutions (not even banks) closing accounts for sending few euros here and there (hundreds, not thousands)... e.g. Skrill.

Ok

5. About Citibank UAE, did you know that their e-brokerage securities custodian is UBS Switzerland? Apparently the UK as well. Not sure about SG, but the brokerage offer of Citi SG is somewhat very limited (3 markets only).

Perhaps because UBS is a better prime broker? I don't know, I don't invest in stocks at all. I primarily invest in Eurobonds so its ClearStream or EuroClear for me.

Reactions: Joe Blasco

Latest Threads