Our valued sponsor

Question Anyone managed to recover their Wise deactivation?

marcius

Jul 19, 2022
Singapore
Visit site
I know there are probably hundreds of threads regarding deactivation but I was wondering if anyone has successfully managed to get their account back.

I have been using Wise for about a year thus far, it's great and super user-friendly, absolutely love the convenience of the app.

I decided to create a business account with them because of my great experience thus far and so I opened a business account on my Wise account which meant I now had a personal and business account. It's so convenient to be able to swap out the 2 accounts from the app and the site which meant it was a 1 account fits all kinda deal, you access your Wise account which contains all of your different accounts (business and personal)

The issue is, when I paid the upgrade fee and sent documents for verification, Wise told me that my business isn't supported as it is against their Acceptable Use policy. Fair. I sell video game services and accounts like boosting and smurf accounts. It's considered high risk by many platforms as there is an entire grey area surrounding the fact that it may be infringing IP and is largely frowned upon. I took my chances. However, Wise said that they had to deactivate my account, I thought at first that they were deactivating my business account because the buesiness isn't supported. As it turns out, they deactivated my entire account including my personal account which was used STRICTLY for personal use and the transactions largely involved shopping and daily expenses as well as subscription plans like Netflix and Discord.

I sent in an appeal to reinstate my personal account for the exact reasons stated above. However, knowing most FIs and Banks, I doubt they will even bat an eye and simply leave it closed.

This was largely unfair in my opinion, I know I probably shouldn't have even bothered with attempting to open a business account but I did not know that they'd literally close everything...

The business itself may be unsupported by the AUP but since I haven't done anything and I was kind of stopped before anything could even take place, I haven't violated the AUP... Right?

You don't need to commit a murder to go to jail. You can be jailed for conspiracy to commit a murder. You were at conspiracy stage with Wise ;). That's enough to get you booted.

But in any case sounds like you may be ok fingers crossed if you apply again. Learn from this mistake and don't try your luck like you said in future.

It's a bit weird but I assume it's due to how their system is designed.

The way you have to switch between personal and business account. And they way its integrated it may also be a software limitation aside from any other compliance reason.

Also, take a look at my Update. It turns out Wise themselves is allowing me to create a new account. Odd right? Definitely, the first time I've seen this from a Fintech that operates like a bank.
There are a few others that require a personal account first in order to open business account. It's not an ideal setup, especially when something like this happens.

Unfair that you willfully broke their AUP and they deactivated your relationship with their EMI? You knew the rules but decided to break them and paid the price. Live with whatever happens now.
Sadly it is how 90% of Internet users realize reality.

Reactions: Forester
Good day to everyone that still looks at my thread.

Update: I have actually managed to create a new account under the same email I used previously alongside the same phone number! The support staff at Wise are actually amazing once you get escalated to a proper Business Support Agent and not the Customer Support Agents.
You will be able to tell the difference when you get escalated, Customer Support Agents have no profile pictures and their email signature always ends with the Wise slogan and website. They also typically respond in a "robotic" copy-paste manner and will constantly repeat certain answers.
Business Support Agents on the other hand talk to you like human beings and craft personalized responses, if they do not know something, instead of sending a copy-paste and insisting you follow that, they will actually ask the relevant department and bring a proper answer back to you. During that period, they will actually tell you something like "Let me check with the Regulations and Compliances team for you, please give me some time"

For now, everything looks good. I've already created a new account and am in the process of getting it verified and bringing it back to shape like my old account.

I'm also waiting to be reimbursed for the remaining money in my deactivated account, it isn't much, couple hundred bucks but I definitely want it back. Currently in the process of dealing with that, after I get my money back, all that's left is to settle the new account and I think I'm safe!

It states that when an account violates the AUP the entire account gets deactivated. However, they aren't exactly banning me from their service as they also further mentioned I can continue using Wise. Really odd method of dealing with accounts in my opinion. Also, the word "violates" really seems misplaced here... I haven't "violated" their AUP? All I did was open a business account and provided all the documents they requested of me. The business itself may be unsupported by the AUP but since I haven't done anything and I was kind of stopped before anything could even take place, I haven't violated the AUP... Right?
that's much better than PayPal s**t service. They allow you to open a new account but expect you not to make the same mistake! Great service Wise !

that's much better than PayPal s**t service. They allow you to open a new account but expect you not to make the same mistake! Great service Wise !
I never had my PayPal accounts closed in over 20 years. PayPal doesn’t close accounts for no reason like Wise.

Fantastic! So you will have the privilege to have your account closed twice thu&¤#
Interesting fact: many victims of scams fall for the same scam twice.

Currently in the process of dealing with that, after I get my money back, all that's left is to settle the new account and I think I'm safe!

Cool. Glad it worked out so far thu&¤#.

Good day to everyone that still looks at my thread.

Update: I have actually managed to create a new account under the same email I used previously alongside the same phone number! The support staff at Wise are actually amazing once you get escalated to a proper Business Support Agent and not the Customer Support Agents.
You will be able to tell the difference when you get escalated, Customer Support Agents have no profile pictures and their email signature always ends with the Wise slogan and website. They also typically respond in a "robotic" copy-paste manner and will constantly repeat certain answers.
Business Support Agents on the other hand talk to you like human beings and craft personalized responses, if they do not know something, instead of sending a copy-paste and insisting you follow that, they will actually ask the relevant department and bring a proper answer back to you. During that period, they will actually tell you something like "Let me check with the Regulations and Compliances team for you, please give me some time"

For now, everything looks good. I've already created a new account and am in the process of getting it verified and bringing it back to shape like my old account.

I'm also waiting to be reimbursed for the remaining money in my deactivated account, it isn't much, couple hundred bucks but I definitely want it back. Currently in the process of dealing with that, after I get my money back, all that's left is to settle the new account and I think I'm safe!
Glad to hear. Congrats! thu&¤#

Update: Guys, I've emailed support pleading for help and asking why all my accounts got suspended at once.

I got a response from their support!

View attachment 3975

It states that when an account violates the AUP the entire account gets deactivated. However, they aren't exactly banning me from their service as they also further mentioned I can continue using Wise. Really odd method of dealing with accounts in my opinion. Also, the word "violates" really seems misplaced here... I haven't "violated" their AUP? All I did was open a business account and provided all the documents they requested of me. The business itself may be unsupported by the AUP but since I haven't done anything and I was kind of stopped before anything could even take place, I haven't violated the AUP... Right?

Either way, I have replied to said email and asked for further clarification on why Wise cannot simply close the business account and leave the personal account open. I also asked if I could proceed with the recommendation to use the same email and details as well as any potential differences I may face for having been suspended once.

Yes, exactly that. Wise has grown too big too fast and is under more scrutiny and pressure. Thank god their support (at least from my experience so far) hasn't deteriorated much. They definitely have slower response times now but fair is fair.

Also, take a look at my Update. It turns out Wise themselves is allowing me to create a new account. Odd right? Definitely, the first time I've seen this from a Fintech that operates like a bank.

All I have to do now is be patient and I can hopefully sort through this mess.
(Never opening a business account with them ever, even when I move into a new line of business. I'll just stick to my local bank from now and pay their monthly fees because at least I wouldn't have to deal with this)

I'm also told they are able to reimburse me all my money in the account as well as the $54 fee I paid for the business account. Will keep everyone posted on how this pans out.

Pray that everything goes smooth and they do not pull a fast one on me and back out on their words or whatever.
What do you even do fam? what industry? onlyfans?

What do you even do fam? what industry? onlyfans?
See the first post.
I sell video game services and accounts like boosting and smurf accounts. It's considered high risk by many platforms as there is an entire grey area surrounding the fact that it may be infringing IP and is largely frowned upon.

Reactions: 81PxXLC9Mt

Latest Threads