Our valued sponsor

Applying for Panamanian citizenship by naturalization

Panamood

BANNED MEMBER
May 28, 2023
Panama
Visit site
Hello,
I have read in many places that even though it is easy to apply for Panamanian citizenship after 5 years of permanent residency, you will never get it.
I have the possibility to apply for it in little time and I just want to know if anyone knows some real case of success.
Ty.

Reactions: jafo
Hello,
I have read in many places that even though it is easy to apply for Panamanian citizenship after 5 years of permanent residency, you will never get it.
I have the possibility to apply for it in little time and I just want to know if anyone knows some real case of success.
Ty.
I don't have to tell you about Panama and its lawyers...you know better than me, but this is what I applied in Panama the last few years I was there:

Paso corto, vista larga, y mucha mala fe. :cool: ;)

PS. What worked for me in Panama was to find someone who works in the specific government entity you need who can ALSO guarantee you the outcome you desire (legally) in exchange for some personal "benefit". If you have to meet with a third person...forget it. It has to be one-on-one. Always! No exceptions!

Reactions: Panamood
How do you meet the that person in the government office and indirectly offer them a bribe?
These are NOT bribes!
"it is a narrow exception for “facilitating payments” (or “grease” payments). These are payments made to further routine governmental action that is nondiscretionary – e.g., that the foreign official is already obligated to perform. Examples include processing visas or supplying utilities."

What WE are trying to avoid is being taken advantage of (due to ignorance or a "good heart") by service providers, lawyers, accountants etc etc.

It's cutting OUT the greedy middleman.

Meeting the person in government that can speed up the process should be easy to accomplish during the 5 years. ;)

I thought the president of Panama has to sign off on who gets citizenship?

PS. The link above does NOT mean I support this law firm or any other. Proceed at your own risk.

The presidents signature cannot be greased of course. The Panama naturalization process requires various different ministries to sign off on your application. The Panama IRS has to certify you're current etc, the department of immigration has to approve your application and show you've been there 5 years etc, but the biggest sticking point is the ministry of security in Panama, making sure you're not a bad guy. That takes a long time

The presidents signature cannot be greased of course.
Are you being sarcastic?

and also this

ad infinitum...

Latest Threads