Our valued sponsor

Are payment processors fine with EMI's? (foreign owned UK LTD)

covid

Dec 19, 2022
Canada
Visit site
I'm a Canadian citizen/resident with a business registered in Canada and an RBC business account. The business will sell digital game items.

I'm getting nowhere with payment processors for this and all similar businesses seem to be registered in the UK so I am considering that.

My question is, will payment processors work with me if I have a UK LTD company and an EMI rather than a high-street bank account?

I have another question for you if you don't mind. Would most high-risk payment processors require a UK director and utility bills and all that?
It varies a lot from processor to processor, and depends on where else the directors is. If you can find someone in UK, that's good. If not, your options may dwindle a little depending on how far removed they are.

Reactions: covid
It varies a lot from processor to processor, and depends on where else the directors is. If you can find someone in UK, that's good. If not, your options may dwindle a little depending on how far removed they are.
Would it be easier or harder to get high-risk payment processing if I had a UK nominee director? (I don't know anyone in the UK so I'd need to use a service). I'm a Canadian, and not trying to remain anonymous or anything, just want to improve my chances of getting payment processing.

The only payment processor I have found that has problems with EMIs is Mollie. Besides that, Stripe and the high-risk processors were ok for me with EMIs & non-UK directors.

The cost of opening a UK company is meager. You should try it out.

And just a heads up - the website that you apply to the payment processor with doesn't need to be the same as the one you process payments on :)

The only payment processor I have found that has problems with EMIs is Mollie. Besides that, Stripe and the high-risk processors were ok for me with EMIs & non-UK directors.

The cost of opening a UK company is meager. You should try it out.
Awesome, thank you for the response!

And just a heads up - the website that you apply to the payment processor with doesn't need to be the same as the one you process payments on :)
Haha yes, it is a legal business though so I would rather go the legit way

Would it be easier or harder to get high-risk payment processing if I had a UK nominee director? (I don't know anyone in the UK so I'd need to use a service).
It can make it harder, if it's a commonly used nominee director and they've already ended up on blacklists with the card networks (Visa, Mastercard).

Latest Threads