Our valued sponsor

Are u forced to get TIN in Romania?

Benzouser

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Looking to BG and RO. . . prefer RO but im not sure how strict the tax agency are there . . for BG it was no problem to do my setup . .keep my tax resident in my native country.
For RO i tried to contact tax agency when no suceess . . im planing to stay 180d in RO if possible and not get forced into get a TIN when doing the residency permit registration.
I will not have any income in RO, im retiered and do some crypto trading as a hobby. . . .
Any one had lived in RO or know how strict o relaxed tax man are in RO ?. . . .
i mean im low income guy i really dont think tax man should have interested in me in RO . . ,

If you are from EU and not planning to take employment or do any business in Romania, you can simply stay without registering. Property renting is possible without a local ID. And if you fly in and out of the country there are no more ID border checks within Schengen.

Don't you have to register when you want to live in Romania? You have to in the other EU countries.

Reactions: lory
You will be allocated a CNP when registering as resident which doubles as TIN. So no way to register without getting it.
Yeah I thought so, it is the same as in any other EU country at least I know of. Thanks for clarification.

If he wants to properly register in Romania, then yes, he will need to apply for a CNP. But it's also possible to stay in Romania without registering for years if you are an EU citizen. If OP is retired and not planning to do any business in Romania then this option is also possible. Within Schengen no one checks when you arrive or leave.

Hello I am from Romania. We don't have any TIN here. We use our CNP, Personal Identification Number. It's the number we get at birth.

La acordarea primului permis de sedere, cetatenii straini vor primi un CNP – cod numeric personal – care se acorda o singura data, indiferent de numarul de intrari sau de perioada de timp petrecuta pe teritoriul Romaniei.

When you get your residency permit they will give you a unique CNP that you can also use it as TIN , as we don't have any.

Hello I am from Romania. We don't have any TIN here. We use our CNP, Personal Identification Number. It's the number we get at birth.

When you get your residency permit they will give you a unique CNP that you can also use it as TIN , as we don't have any.
Most EU countries have the same policy. You get your Unique Identification Number at birth which is used throughout your adult life for different purposes including a taxpayer identification.

Latest Threads