Our valued sponsor

Are you happy to pay 9% on Dubai Freezone Company ?

Are you happy to pay 9% on Dubai Freezone Company ?

• Total voters
Wow 43 people voted they are not happy with the 9% tax. Guys what's wrong with you. It is one of the lowest corporate taxes to pay while you also get good asset protection.
Problem is not the tax. But there are other commitments, accounting, audits, declarations. You would not want to risk with Sharia law. Why to risk. Then better choose Romania etc..
Also there are 0% options in USA etc. Why you need freezone in arabic country

You should really read Precticably Irrational by Ariely where he explains that people will always choose something that will not cost money instead of getting a bargain.

9% total tax is a bargain but you can't beat 0% because there's no risk involved.
It's 9% today, but many were guaranteed 0% for 50 years which was then taken away. It seems the UAE Government just change their mind on a whim - what's next? I spoke with many people who would rather pay 5-12.5% in Europe than 9% in the UAE because of this. They also come with the added benefits of lower costs and more freedoms.

For me Dubai is still an interesting place, and im happy as long as they keep it free of personal income tax, but as a viable alternative decent structures are:

Estonian company with:
  1. a branch in Bulgaria. Total effective tax 10%
  2. a branch in Albania. Total effective tax 5% on up to 140k profits
  3. fiscal unit in Malta. Total effective tax 5%
+ 0% in Estonia on undistributed profits.

Cyprus for holding location
UAE for tax residence

Reactions: troubled soul
For me Dubai is still an interesting place, and im happy as long as they keep it free of personal income tax, but as a viable alternative decent structures are:

Estonian company with:

UAE for tax residence
Hong Kong 0% tax is much better than all this complication

Wow 43 people voted they are not happy with the 9% tax. Guys what's wrong with you. It is one of the lowest corporate taxes to pay while you also get good asset protection.
Let me put it to you the way a retired Dutch judge put it to me when I was in VWO (I was 13). He was my neighbor!

You have three (3) choices of places to live:

(1) With a group of unproductive people called "government" that want to stick 52% of the length of a rod up your rectum every year. If you refuse, they'll gang up and violently attack you and if you survive they'll cage you! You get the displeasure to pay for ALL of this! After your incarceration is completed, if you were not born there, they'll deport you with nothing. Complete destitute! If born there, you'll be homeless, have a criminal record, and bar you from getting employment or opening a bank account.

(2) With a group of other unproductive people called "government" that want to stick 9% of the length of a rod up your rectum every year. If you refuse, they'll gang up and violently attack you and if you survive they'll cage you! You get the displeasure to pay for ALL of this! After your incarceration is completed, if you were not born there, they'll deport you with nothing. Complete destitute! If born there, you'll be homeless, have a criminal record, and bar you from getting employment or opening a bank account.

(3) With another group of unproductive people called "government" that doesn't want to stick ANYTHING up your rectum. They don't even want to see your buttocks. End of story!

Where do you want to live?
1, 2, or 3?

rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/% rof/%

Dubai is only good today for people who seeking person tax free residency.....No need to deal with any government official or local people...Do not need to spend too much time in UAE.
UAE "Freezone" or any sort of company registration is not worth headache for tax saving purpose.
UAE Golden visa + USA LLC is still Good option.......IMHO
even in worst case....Due to PE rule If I need to pay tax on USA LLC...I am very happy to pay 21% tax (or whatever rate) on USA LLC ....than 9% in UAE....(forget about 9% even I will not pay 1% tax there)......

My friends remember UAE is a Islamic monarchy ...with sharia law...Some local Muslims are crazy to another level......Majority of local still consider Bin Laden as martyrs.......believe or not It is ground reality of Gulf and major Muslim countries. ....... .Two of the attacker of 9/11 Marwan al-Shihhi and Fayaz Bani Hammad are local Emirati.....read 9/11 report, Dubai Islamic Bank is used to lauder money....

“I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came. And if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration — friends, inter-marriages and so on — than Muslims ... I would say, today, we can integrate all religions and races except Islam.” - Lee Kuan Yew

Mark My word....tax rate is out of the question. .Main issue is dealing with local Muslim Emirati......whoever saying that dude it is just 9%...what is this all panic about .....etc etc...........this post will aged well with time....

Last edited:
Reactions: Konstanz
You should really read Precticably Irrational by Ariely where he explains that people will always choose something that will not cost money instead of getting a bargain.

9% total tax is a bargain but you can't beat 0% because there's no risk involved.
nice share, will have to read it :)

Reactions: jafo

Estonian company with:

UAE for tax residence
Hi Don,

Thanks for sharing some alternatives.

What are the admin burden and related costs for anEstonian company with a branch in Bulgaria? My question seems to be a bit off topic here, so feel free to reply to me directly as pm.

Dubai is only good today for people who seeking person tax free residency.....No need to deal with any government official or local people...Do not need to spend too much time in UAE.
UAE "Freezone" or any sort of company registration is not worth headache for tax saving purpose.
UAE Golden visa + USA LLC is still Good option.......IMHO
even in worst case....Due to PE rule If I need to pay tax on USA LLC...I am very happy to pay 21% tax (or whatever rate) on USA LLC ....than 9% in UAE....(forget about 9% even I will not pay 1% tax there)......

My friends remember UAE is a Islamic monarchy ...with sharia law...Some local Muslims are crazy to another level......Majority of local still consider Bin Laden as martyrs.......believe or not It is ground reality of Gulf and major Muslim countries. ....... .Two of the attacker of 9/11 Marwan al-Shihhi and Fayaz Bani Hammad are local Emirati.....read 9/11 report, Dubai Islamic Bank is used to lauder money....

Mark My word....tax rate is out of the question. .Main issue is dealing with local Muslim Emirati......whoever saying that dude it is just 9%...what is this all panic about .....etc etc...........this post will aged well with time....
I agree on everything except if they say you had PE in UAE, you will have to pay 9% CIT and face criminal tax fraud

Reactions: troubled soul