Our valued sponsor

argentina

Depend if you are Tax resident of Argentina and live in Argentina more than 180 days in a year first and at second if you transfer money from this account to your local bank account in Argentina. But the best ask some law company in Argentina but do not ask any staff of the bank in Argentina even if you trust them or him.

I agree with xwebm, as long as you don't stay in Argentina for more than 180 days at a time you don't need to pay tax there. You can for sure find information about that at your tax offices website. I found some information here Argentina - Taxation | ExpatFocus.com
wait im confused here! if i plan on moving to argentina and living there permanently as a legal permanent resident what then if i have money in offshore bank accounts? will the argentine government investigate me or not? rsvp

Depend if you are Tax resident of Argentina and live in Argentina more than 180 days in a year first and at second if you transfer money from this account to your local bank account in Argentina. But the best ask some law company in Argentina but do not ask any staff of the bank in Argentina even if you trust them or him.
then will the government investigate me like in the u.s. if i have secret offshore bank accounts? rsvp

then will the government investigate me like in the u.s. if i have secret offshore bank accounts? rsvp
I think nobody will investigate your bank account outside of Argentina belive me most of Argentinians do not trust their country as I know 95% of population have bank accounts in Montevideo and other countries in LA so, if you will live permanently as you wrote before not more that 180 days no one will be interest you or your income. There is other point what you need to be clear and visible in Argentina, if you want to be invisible in Argentina so just use your debit card from offshore bank acc. to withdraw at atm or make a payments no one will be interest in you cause for them even that you have Cedula you are just a tourist or non-resident.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I think nobody will investigate your bank account outside of Argentina belive me most of Argentinians do not trust their country as I know 95% of population have bank accounts in Montevideo and other countries in LA so, if you will live permanently as you wrote before not more that 180 days no one will be interest you or your income. There is other point what you need to be clear and visible in Argentina, if you want to be invisible in Argentina so just use your debit card from offshore bank acc. to withdraw at atm or make a payments no one will be interest in you cause for them even that you have Cedula you are just a tourist or non-resident.
This sounds actually like you could be right. But again it will depend on how you plan everything and finally are doing in Argentina. I believe it can be very easy to live invisible there ..

wait im confused here! if i plan on moving to argentina and living there permanently as a legal permanent resident what then if i have money in offshore bank accounts? will the argentine government investigate me or not? rsvp
I don't know their tax regulations / policy. I know that if you have earned money before you lived in a country where you have to pay tax then you don't get taxed on that money! That's how it usually is. Also why many expats earn money without living anywhere for more than 180 days, once they have earned enough they are going to be perma. resident somewhere!

but if i plan on living there like forever, would it still affect me or not? i plan on living there year round like a green card holder. rsvp.

someone with money could what? rsvp.
I was to say that someone with money can hire an tax accountant there and get the help required to avoid any troubles. If you use some of the more reputatet tax firms like PwC or KPMG or similar they know all of it and they know exactly how to go about it. I tried this in Curacao for aprox 10 y.a.

Argentina, it`s government, and the regulatory body AFIP (equivalent to the IRS) will not investigate you if you are initially a foreigner and become a legal resident or naturalized citizen. They will only investigate you if you are a registered monotributo or have a local company and you hold your assests outside the country.

It`s very easy to bring your money into Argentina, however the country is only for those who adapt quickly and can stay up-to-date on constantly changing procedures.

Best

Argentina, it`s government, and the regulatory body AFIP (equivalent to the IRS) will not investigate you if you are initially a foreigner and become a legal resident or naturalized citizen. They will only investigate you if you are a registered monotributo or have a local company and you hold your assests outside the country.

It`s very easy to bring your money into Argentina, however the country is only for those who adapt quickly and can stay up-to-date on constantly changing procedures.

Best
who adapt quickly and can stay up to date on constantly changing procedures? please explain. what could be so hard to getting used to life in argentina? rsvp

Argentina is very corrupt, politically, it is a disaster. Just a year ago only there was a ban of the purchasing of foreign currency and we had to operate within the company keeping two values in mind, the official, and the black marktet value of the dollar. All businesses became more complicated, and within one presidential election everything the previous president had done was quickly unraveled.

Argentina is very corrupt, politically, it is a disaster. Just a year ago only there was a ban of the purchasing of foreign currency and we had to operate within the company keeping two values in mind, the official, and the black marktet value of the dollar. All businesses became more complicated, and within one presidential election everything the previous president had done was quickly unraveled.
if you say this let me ask you this then, how can i find out individual laws about each country in central and south america if each individual government forces its legal permanent resident to declare offshore bank accounts or something of that nature? rsvp

but where online can i find information for all countries in central and south america like lets say on irs.gov where it mentions fatca compliance for even legal residents? like an official argentina government website where such information can be found assuming it can? rsvp