Our valued sponsor

Bank account for digital nomads working globaly?

Reactions: bountymounty
I haven't started the process yet as I am still searching for the best solution but Cyprus is too expansive for me they require a large minimum balance and plus I am more looking for personal banking solution. If I set a company the bank won't be an issue.

My initial plan was to cancel my residency in Serbia and keep using my regular bank account here as they would still do business with me even if I am not a resident, but as I've been informed our central bank (Narodna Banka Srbija) will still send me the notice to file tax if I exceed my yearly limit which is around 24000$. So I just need a bank account elsewhere.

I am looking at the Bank of Cyprus website but I can't find the requirements other than this:

In order to proceed with the opening of an account you will need to personally visit an International Business Unit, or apply through a local Professional Intermediary.

To arrange a personal meeting, please contact us by email at [email protected], specifying preferred IBU location. During the meeting you will be required to present a duly completed Account-opening Questionnaire (click here to download) along with the requested documentation.

I am looking at the Bank of Cyprus website but I can't find the requirements other than this:

In order to proceed with the opening of an account you will need to personally visit an International Business Unit, or apply through a local Professional Intermediary.

To arrange a personal meeting, please contact us by email at [email protected], specifying preferred IBU location. During the meeting you will be required to present a duly completed Account-opening Questionnaire (click here to download) along with the requested documentation.

Hi!

As you mentioned that you're from Serbia, why wouldn't you try Montenegro? They have Euro, and they don't report through AEOI/CRS
to other tax authorities. Search for Montenegro topics on this forum so you can see it for yourself.

Reactions: TurnedToRobot

Latest Threads