Our valued sponsor

Bank account for Gibraltar company?

maxine

Sep 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I recently set-up a company in Gibraltar. I’m Greek resident. I’m the shareholder, a Director and there will be a local Director too.

I’m in the process of setting up an office there and taking on local freelancers. Operations and management will take place there.

My question - what’s the best EMI or online bank account to apply with?

Can anyone recommend any physical banks too?

I got accepted by Business Revolut only to be told the following day they had closed it down and could not disclose the reasons!

It’s a 100% legit business but expected turnover will be anywhere between £100k to £150k per month as I have a lot of experience in the industry.

There will be a lot of money going out, the profit margins are small, and I need a stable account.

I am in the process of setting up a local bank account too - but want to start trading soon and I am told it’s very difficult to get a bank account in Gibraltar and I’m not sure where else to look?

Many thanks

You want to checkout Mister Tango, I have personally used them for a long time without any trouble.

Thanks for the suggestion. Mistertango looks great. But I will be trading in GBP. What's a good alternative for this currency? Looks like Mistertango is only good for EUR.
Did you check CoinsBank? They have ability to accept incoming GPB.
And also check CoinFloor.

Reactions: clemens
Thanks for the suggestions. MyPos looks great and I'll be applying. Is there any other EMI account that could be suitable? Most outgoing payments will be made via debit card, need an IBAN to receive money and need to be able to trade in GBP.

Also can anyone suggest any good banks in the EU where I could apply and there is not too much difficulty in getting a bank account? The business is not really offshore, and it's 100% legit business. I could fly out for a personal meeting if need be too, although if the whole process can be done online (Skype video chat) even better.

Where is your company located or is it the Gibraltar company you mean that is legally setup?

Do you know if accounting and filing of tax is required for a Gibraltar company? if so, it should be well possible to get a bank account in Cyprus I think!

Damn we really need to find alternative banks that work similar to Cyprus or EMI's damn_(

Okay, so that means if we can find a reliable tax consultancy service / certified accountant in Gibraltar we are able to provide financial reports for the Gibraltar company. Great.