Our valued sponsor

Question Bank account in Croatia

sensi

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi all,
I am planning to open a bank account in Croatia for personal use as foreigner from EU.
I saw on google that the process is not complicated and they do not ask too much questions.
My intention is to withdraw some funds from my accounts in Crypto exchanges and cashout in Croatia.
As it is member of EU, does anyone knows is it worth opening a bank account there?
Will they notify my country that I have bank account with them?
I know that Spain for example share the info with other EU countries about your accounts, is it the same with Croatia?
I see Sberbank has branches there so it should be outside the EU jurisdiction.
Any comment on your side will be in great help, thanks!

My intention is to withdraw some funds from my accounts in Crypto exchanges and cashout in Croatia.
From my experience they don't care about crypto so you should be good as long as you can get them to open the account

As it is member of EU, does anyone knows is it worth opening a bank account there?
If it's just to cash out crypto then yes

Will they notify my country that I have bank account with them?
Croatia is a member of the EU and a CRS signatory so yes

I know that Spain for example share the info with other EU countries about your accounts, is it the same with Croatia?
Yes

I see Sberbank has branches there so it should be outside the EU jurisdiction.
No idea about that one

You will have to obtain a tax ID (called OIB) from the tax authority, it's required to open a bank account (or to start/be a shareholder of a company, buy real estate, etc.). It won't make you a tax resident so don't worry about that.

The bank will also ask you as to why you want to open the account and I'm not sure if they'll accept an answer along the lines of "I just want to cash out some crypto".

Reactions: sensi

Latest Threads