Our valued sponsor

bank statement does not contain address details required for KYC

The following situation: an account with an "old school" European bank has been opened, IBAN in my name, the address of residence in Europe, IBAN is valid and is being validated. There is a registered card linked to the account. I want to open an account with EMI. Verification requires a bank statement with the standard details for such a procedure. Name, address, transaction statement.
My bank does not have details of an address in the statement. A hard copy statement contains only the name, account number, and transaction. In the statement from the bank's online service, only transactions in pdf or excel format are uploaded and does not have any data about the client.
Question. How do EMI and similar organizations verify a pdf statement? If I add the necessary details to the unloaded statement and provide them for verification, they will be able to calculate that adjustments have been made to the statement.
What should you pay attention to at all? who can advise how to be in such a situation?

Best they can do is compare it against other statements they have on file. So if someone else has provided a statement from the same bank, they might be able to identify that you have altered yours. Or if you do a bad job at photoshopping, they can spot that.

Best would be to just ask your bank for an IBAN certificate that contains your name. That combined with a statement should satisfy the requirements of the requesting party.

Best would be to just ask your bank for an IBAN certificate that contains your name. That combined with a statement should satisfy the requirements of the requesting party.
Or you can ask your bank directly for a reference letter containing your name, address, a confirmation that you have an account with them (and even that you are in a good standing with them, if true ;) ). Any old school European bank will issue it (probably for some fee), as it is (or at least it was in the past) not an exceptional demand.

BTW, does this EMI really ask particularly for a bank statement? It is a standard that they ask for a confirmation of address that can be e.g. a bank statement but can be given also in another way, nevertheless I guess that it is quite rare (for an EMI, not e.g. for an investing platform) to demand that their client should de facto have another bank account (OK, I know that in some cases it is so ...but).

Google “edit pdf online free”
With all due respect to you, do you mean it seriously? ;)
Taking into account what @Sols have posted; furthermore, would you really do such a job on some remote server completely obscure to you, instead on your well secured computer? :)

Reactions: clemens
With all due respect to you, do you mean it seriously? ;)
Yes
Taking into account what @Sols have posted; furthermore, would you really do such a job on some remote server completely obscure to you, instead on your well secured computer? :)
If you don’t want to buy an Adobe license, or download Foxit, or pay someone on fiverr (about $10), this is a simple and cheap solution. You are not committing any crime by adding some words on a pdf.

Reactions: MagicMatt
Yes

If you don’t want to buy an Adobe license, or download Foxit, or pay someone on fiverr (about $10),
... or to use some of various OSS solutions :)
this is a simple and cheap solution.
Yes :) The question is how it will work :)
You are not committing any crime by adding some words on a pdf.
Well, in some jurisdictions it would be interpreted as a fraud attempt, if you do so in the abovedesribed context (I know what I am speaking about). And it really can be revealed by comparison, it is a different situation just to change the address (in fact not traceable, really) and to add it.

Last edited:
The following situation: an account with an "old school" European bank has been opened, IBAN in my name, the address of residence in Europe, IBAN is valid and is being validated. There is a registered card linked to the account. I want to open an account with EMI. Verification requires a bank statement with the standard details for such a procedure. Name, address, transaction statement.
My bank does not have details of an address in the statement. A hard copy statement contains only the name, account number, and transaction. In the statement from the bank's online service, only transactions in pdf or excel format are uploaded and does not have any data about the client.

Question. How do EMI and similar organizations verify a pdf statement? If I add the necessary details to the unloaded statement and provide them for verification, they will be able to calculate that adjustments have been made to the statement.
What should you pay attention to at all? who can advise how to be in such a situation?

Nah u good

Editing PDF with a free web tool :D We're not living in 2005. Any decent bank can easily detect manual modifications.

Reactions: Forester
Editing PDF with a free web tool :D We're not living in 2005. Any decent bank can easily detect manual modifications.

Print & scan if you are in doubt smi(&%

don't edit pdf you can have problems with emi depending on their forensic tools , create new pdf instead that doesnt leave footprint on pdf records using a military grade software or buy one from professional service .
other solution contact the bank and let them send you digital copy with all details .
Best they can do is compare it against other statements they have on file. So if someone else has provided a statement from the same bank, they might be able to identify that you have altered yours.
good theory and common sense but is there some proof of implementation?

good theory and common sense but is there some proof of implementation?
Have seen it done several times at different financial service providers and regulated entities. Client presents proof of address with wrong font or unexpected data (doesn't match template on file), so client is asked for another proof of address. If the second proof isn't available or is also suspicious, discussions begin around closing account, filing SAR, and so on.

Military grade
Military grade = cheapest vendor.

Latest Threads