Our valued sponsor

Bankers reference letter where to get it?

The agent should have told you what it has to contain at least!

Usually, it should say, how long you have been a customer of the bank, how long you have hold an account there actually. If you always have been in good standing. If the bank has any remarks on your personal or business profile. And they should say something about if you are worth doing business with!

It's typically 5 - 10 lines the banks write!

Don't forget it must be on the banks letter head, signed and stamped by the bank!

Reactions: hukal
I found a sample it is what we talking about here right?
reference-letter.jpg

Anyone know how difficult it is to get a bankers reference letter as posted by user @lastchance ? I asked my bank the last day and they refused to send me a reference letter and asked who is requesting it and why, I told them to shut up and walked my way :(

First of all this is a very old topic!!!

To answer your question, well you got how you treated your bank.

It doesn't look like your bank refused to give you the references, they have simply asked for more information which is only a standard thing to do.
Like it's a standard practice for banks to ask for a reference letter from other banks before opening an account. It is a standard practice to provide your bank with the necessary information, so they could provide the references you need.

There's no shame in getting back to your bank and providing them with the info they need to get the docs that are required.

Also, in terms of the details for your bank, there's a room for some flexibility, so sometimes there's no need to provide the exact name of the financial institution that needs the doc, but you can talk to your bank and just be transparent with them that you want to open an account in another bank (for whatever reason) and that you need the references for this purpose. You can ask for this letter to be as general as possible rather to address to particular bank and this is a very nice letter to have.

Reactions: lory
how can I get a bank account in Armenia? will they give me a reference letter as foreign account holder?
this is about a refernce letter and not about how to get a bank account!

you need to go there personally and apply for account.
but while we are on it, can this be done remote, will they issue a reference letter just like that or after time only?

Can't you walk into your local bank and ask them to get you a reference letter and a letter of good standing just like this?

I was able to do so in the past without any troubles, I had to wait 20 minutes and the lady at the counter handed it over to me.

In most cases, it is virtually impossible to get a letter of Good Standing / reference letter from your local bank unless you have been a customer there for many years.

There are a few banks that are involved in it when you have been a customer there for maybe 3 - 6 months and have kept your accounts in plus all the way through and otherwise have not been conspicuous with your transactions. However, it is rare and that must be the reason why there are so many who have problems getting this reference letter.

In most cases, it is virtually impossible to get a letter of Good Standing / reference letter from your local bank unless you have been a customer there for many years.

There are a few banks that are involved in it when you have been a customer there for maybe 3 - 6 months and have kept your accounts in plus all the way through and otherwise have not been conspicuous with your transactions. However, it is rare and that must be the reason why there are so many who have problems getting this reference letter.
banks in centers like hk, sg, ch can do it easily. Others might make more of an issue out of a pure formality, which it is.
You will face more problems if the receiving party wants to call the responsible person having written the reference letter across a 12hour time difference
;)

Latest Threads