Our valued sponsor

Banks/EMi for Panama company?

Any of the multiple banks in Panama for example? Go there and walk asking in any of the +50 options there... But Banesco and Credicorpbank are the ones who are more open to international businesses, just expect to pay more than with emis

Have a look at Proven Bank in St Lucia.

Also check out ItalBank in Puerto Rico.

Is there an advantage to use a bank outside of Panama for a company in Panama receiving funds considered as foreign income?

Have a look at Proven Bank in St Lucia.

Also check out ItalBank in Puerto Rico.

Italbank review on reddit, translated from spanish: Good evening everyone, I see that Italbank is often mentioned a lot here and I feel the need to write this. First of all, I am Venezuelan and I have lived here for a year and a half. I wanted to tell you that Italbank is really just a kind of ghost or briefcase bank. To begin with, it offers SUPER MISLEADING advertising, since the account they open for you is not in the USA in any sense as they say, it is an account in Puerto Rico. If I remember correctly, the bank is owned by some corrupt members of the Venezuelan government who founded or bought it after Citibank withdrew from the country, in order to transfer the dollars that were stolen from the state oil company. This bank began to offer Venezuelans (especially ITALIAN pensioners, hence the name) through Italcambio (a very old exchange house) whose movements the government limited. The option of being able to collect their pensions without them they would pesify (or bolivarize as it would be there). My family has used it for years. The experience involved delays of up to months to be able to deposit or withdraw the money. They returned transfers after weeks for no reason and charged you the exit and return taxes hahaha. Just as sometimes 15 days went by without answering the phone. In short, it is a complete FIASCO that even the physical headquarters was in doubt once. Good luck and be careful

Proven Bank seems to have less of a bad reputation..

Last edited:
Is there an advantage to use a bank outside of Panama for a company in Panama receiving funds considered as foreign income?

Italbank review on reddit, translated from spanish: Good evening everyone, I see that Italbank is often mentioned a lot here and I feel the need to write this. First of all, I am Venezuelan and I have lived here for a year and a half. I wanted to tell you that Italbank is really just a kind of ghost or briefcase bank. To begin with, it offers SUPER MISLEADING advertising, since the account they open for you is not in the USA in any sense as they say, it is an account in Puerto Rico. If I remember correctly, the bank is owned by some corrupt members of the Venezuelan government who founded or bought it after Citibank withdrew from the country, in order to transfer the dollars that were stolen from the state oil company. This bank began to offer Venezuelans (especially ITALIAN pensioners, hence the name) through Italcambio (a very old exchange house) whose movements the government limited. The option of being able to collect their pensions without them they would pesify (or bolivarize as it would be there). My family has used it for years. The experience involved delays of up to months to be able to deposit or withdraw the money. They returned transfers after weeks for no reason and charged you the exit and return taxes hahaha. Just as sometimes 15 days went by without answering the phone. In short, it is a complete FIASCO that even the physical headquarters was in doubt once. Good luck and be careful

I'm not going to defend italbank cuz they don't pay me and tbh they are not good... but this person saying "To begin with, it offers SUPER MISLEADING advertising, since the account they open for you is not in the USA in any sense as they say, it is an account in Puerto Rico." just shows this person doesn't even read before applying to a bank

proven bank has a branch in panama

No idea. Long time since I even looked at Panama.

proven bank has a branch in panama

It's not a branch but a Representative Office. If he is in Panama he should reach out to them.

Latest Threads