Our valued sponsor

Banks' risk appetite

Lauraa

Dec 5, 2019
Visit site
There are several banks with remote customer onboarding, that will not demand your physical presence in their offices, but still require some time to provide extensive information on business you do, on ultimate beneficiary and other standard details that classic banks basically interested in.
After all the documents provided, forms filled in, we were told that we do not fit their risk appetite. Any criteria was not indicated, so what must be the reason and what are their basic requirements?

Ebury https://ebury.com
Deutsche Handelsbank Banking für den Handel, E-Commerce und startups - Deutsche Handelsbank
BoslilBank https://www.boslil.com/?

Most often this is a case by case no one on this forum will be able to tell you why you got rejected or why they board your business! Basic requirements may also be unknown to most except the fact that they require passport, utility bill, business plan and some may even request a police record.

Reactions: Lauraa
Different banks have different risk appetites. The banks and institutions you mentioned do not have a particularly high-risk appetite.

It depends on your risk profile, i.e. what trouble you may cause the bank relative to how much money they can expect to make from you.
I see, but I am trying to understand the policy the banks have, what are the basic reasons to get rejected? What can call into the question the transparency of my business? The amounts that I am going to receive, character of financial flow (incoming/outgoing transactions), business type or what? How to seam friendly for banks to accept my application? Any dark or high-risk transactions, but it still being pretty complicated.

I see, but I am trying to understand the policy the banks have, what are the basic reasons to get rejected? What can call into the question the transparency of my business? The amounts that I am going to receive, character of financial flow (incoming/outgoing transactions), business type or what? How to seam friendly for banks to accept my application? Any dark or high-risk transactions, but it still being pretty complicated.

There are dozens of parameters that go into a decision like this, and combinations of parameters which make for hundreds of permutations.
  • Type of business: goods/services sold, or other nature of business.
  • Size of business: turnover/revenue, P&L, employees.
  • Stage of business (start-up, growth, established).
  • Geographic location and type of customers.
  • Geographic location of operations (office, employees).
  • Geographic location of incorporation.
  • Geographic location and type of suppliers.
  • Nationality, residence, background, and source of wealth of UBO, directors, and shareholders.
  • Results the bank gets when doing background checks (Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, public registries, and special background checking services) on all involved parties.
So on and so forth...

Latest Threads