Our valued sponsor

Being rejected by Revolut for Business. Alternatives?

varden

Jan 31, 2020
Visit site
I've set up a new limited company in the UK for an e-commerce business, and I already have a business account in Revolut (freelancer) for over a year now. However, every time I upload my ID or passport for verification purposes, they almost automatically reject my application mentioning, "Unfortunately, we are unable to open your Revolut business account as your business activity, or legal structure does not fall within our terms and conditions. We will let you know if and when this changes". I'm Portuguese, residing in Malta at the moment. Do you have an idea of what's causing this? Any other options besides TransferWise that are similar to Revolut? I will be dealing with GBP, EUR, and USD.

Reactions: Btraveler
Reactions: bobby786 and varden
Hi,

I submit application too today. I got rejected few hours after too.
In the past, I had some success ...

Low risk business: IT freelancing.

In my opinion, they don’t like when you are not incorporating your company in your birth/citizenship country I will say.
Or may be places like Cyprus, Malta etc are red flags for Revolut now but they keep them on the website to show they have many supported countries ..

Hi,

I submit application too today. I got rejected few hours after too.
In the past, I had some success ...

Low risk business: IT freelancing.

In my opinion, they don’t like when you are not incorporating your company in your birth/citizenship country I will say.
Or may be places like Cyprus, Malta etc are red flags for Revolut now but they keep them on the website to show they have many supported countries ..
Yes you are right. Same goes to Transferwise. Cyprus companies even don't have access to the USD accounts of TransferWise. Forget about both EMI if you have a nominee structure. They decline no matter your business case is.

Even real banks like CIM Bank stopped accepting Malta companies at all. No matter if you live on the island or not.

Latest Threads