Our valued sponsor

Belarus, Armenia or Kazakhstan bank account

Bank of Ameria blocked my entire account when I came to them to open a USD account. First I opened a local account - no problem. A few days when trying to open a USD account they didn't open it, and they blocked my previous one. "We'll only allow you to have a local ARCA card, saving account. Without international and without local transfers from/to other banks. Only local deposits. In cash". Useless. I decided to close my 1st account.

Why do people go with Bank of Ameria anyway? I was in Yerevan a few weeks ago and the only thing I can think of is that they're one of the few banks with English language brochures... still wouldn't go with them because there are much better banks up north (Georgia) and even across the lake to the east (Kazakhstan)

Why do people go with Bank of Ameria anyway? I was in Yerevan a few weeks ago and the only thing I can think of is that they're one of the few banks with English language brochures... still wouldn't go with them because there are much better banks up north (Georgia) and even across the lake to the east (Kazakhstan)

Well do any of those banks in Georgia and Kazakhstan allow opening the account online?

Well do any of those banks in Georgia and Kazakhstan allow opening the account online?
I opened mine in person. All three of these countries have legions of lawyers, introducers, agents etc. who open accounts with a power of attorney letter. They'll charge anywhere from us$100 to us$1000 for the favor. I don't see the point in this because flights to Tbilisi cost us$30 from Milan, us$100 from Malta and us$20 from Cologne. From Tbilisi to Kazakhstan you take a simple ferry or us$30 flight to Aktau.

Unless someone doesn't have any way to make time to actually visit, I don't see the point in paying a third party to do so given the fact that travel to all three of these countries became exceedingly cheap this year.

Reactions: joseph15
I was in Yerevan a few weeks ago and the only thing I can think of is that they're one of the few banks with English language brochures...
i speak russian, and they do too :cool:

From Tbilisi to Kazakhstan you take a simple ferry or us$30 flight to Aktau.
ferry to Kazahstan from Tbilisi? what are you talking about?

where do you see $30 price for a flight? I couldn't find anything cheaper than $100-150 last time I was in Georgia, for 1-2 months ahead

You go to Baku and get on the ferry. This is not something otherworldly. For flights. Use any matrix search engine and select all airports in 200km2 with landings in Aktau, Shymkent or further away in the next 90 days. Pick the one you want.

You may discuss flight prices and traveling to Georgia in another thread and not here, it has simply no relevance. Otherwise I will have to close the thread.

You go to Baku and get on the ferry. This is not something otherworldly. For flights. Use any matrix search engine and select all airports in 200km2 with landings in Aktau, Shymkent or further away in the next 90 days. Pick the one you want.

* You said "from Tbilisi to Kazahstan on ferry". Baku isn't Tbilisi, nor is it even Georgia.

* Once again - "no single flight from Georgia in Kazahstan for $30". I didn't say "from capital to capital". Actually, not even $100-150, but only more expensive that.

----

Admin - got it, no more.

I opened mine in person. All three of these countries have legions of lawyers, introducers, agents etc. who open accounts with a power of attorney letter. They'll charge anywhere from us$100 to us$1000 for the favor.

I would actually be interested in doing this for a Georgian bank account as I do not see myself going there any time soon. Do you have any more specific advice on the introducer service which can help me open an account? Like a website?

Latest Threads