Belarus, Armenia or Kazakhstan bank account

Macr2

Mentor Group
Mentor Group
Looking at opening a bank account for a company in these locations. Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge with banking in the countries above? Regards.

Cetme308win

Trusted Member
Business Angel
You can get personal bank accounts in Armenia if you want but for foreign companies....almost imposible

Macr2

Mentor Group
Mentor Group
Gone slightly off topic. So no one got any history with any banks of these countries :cool:

lavel

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Thread bookmarked, I hope someone is able to mention just one bank or EMI that can be used for companies in Armenia.

Macr2

Mentor Group
Mentor Group
Thread bookmarked, I hope someone is able to mention just one bank or EMI that can be used for companies in Armenia.
A formation agent on this site mentioned quite a few non crs country banks for Georgian comps. Which is why I asked this question.

lavel

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Mentor Group
A formation agent on this site mentioned quite a few non crs country banks for Georgian comps. Which is why I asked this question.
looks like I'm blind I can't find anything, can you name them or link it?

jzzz

Guys, yesterday I was personally in Armenia and visited AMERIA bank, which is said to be easy to open an account with and now I am in Georgia and visited VTB.
Unfortunately, unless you have some business activity in these counties - you won't be able to open an account for your company. So if you have a pure offshore company, without any office in the country of the bank account - IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. Don't waste your time... It seems like now there is a really huge fight with money laundering.
So unless you have an old company with good history etc and or unless you are presented on the market of these countries there is no other way to open an account for a pure offshore company.
And it would be probably same with the rest of the countries who are in CRS agreement. There is a huge pressure from the corresponding banks in EU and USA. They would not let the payment go though and will cause many problems... So its not that Armenia or Georgia don't want to open an account. They just realize that if the company is not somehow showing that is a real "white" company with strong business intentions the will have many problems with the Central Bank and with the Corr banks. They can even get banned and lose their banking license like the Latvian ABLV. So everyone now is really paranoid here...
So either you show a ton of documents to prove that you are real and serious (contracts with partners and subcontractors, rent agreements, labor contracts... prove the structure and the show that your business is real and profitable)... Thats really sad... because if you are just a new start up its almost impossible to have all that documentation... Thanks to the money laundering business now we have this pain in the ass..

Btraveler

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
Totally True. It's impossible for a business outside Armenia, Georgia, etc...to open a business account there. You're only able to open a personal account in there

Osleak

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
Mentor Group
I’m opening bank account in ameria bank, what are the daily limits for the outgoing transfer in € or USD? And what are the fees? The price list is not so clear on it!

Osleak

Building Trust
Entrepreneur
Mentor Group
I’ll do it for sure but I think this is a question for more than one user, and this is a forum... more informations for all...

lavel

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Mentor Group
Unfortunately, unless you have some business activity in these counties - you won't be able to open an account for your company. So if you have a pure offshore company, without any office in the country of the bank account - IT IS NOT POSSIBLE. Don't waste your time... It seems like now there is a really huge fight with money laundering.
Thank you soooo much for pointing that out and take the trip for all of us. It's of great help and it will safe us a lot of time.