Our valued sponsor

Belarus to EU banking

Don

Mentor Group Gold
Dec 19, 2020
Visit site
Any recommendations for EU based business for banking with Belarus?

The company wants to import goods (non-sanctioned) from Belarus.

Any recommendations for EU based business for banking with Belarus?

I just want to be clear. You don't care where bank is located? Also which currencies you looking at?

I just want to be clear. You don't care where bank is located? Also which currencies you looking at?
Dont care where the bank is located. The funds are in EUR.

Its a bit tough call as importing wood from Belarus is currently sanctioned by EU while the particular products made out of wood are allowed. Havent been able to find an institution willing to get involved in such business.

Would like to better understand the options before investing in setting up a structure somewhere. Thank you, gentlemen, for any inputs.

Humm...I don't feel comfortable mentioning a solution on this until I checkout the sanctions situation myself.

Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: Don
Raiffeisen (Priorbank) comes to mind. It's a major European bank with a pretty strong presence in Belarus. They are probably the more familiar with Belarusian sanctions than practically any other European bank.

They have a higher risk appetite than most banks their size, but they prefer to onboard companies that are at least 2-3 years old and have decent turnover already.

Reactions: Don
Raiffeisen (Priorbank) comes to mind. It's a major European bank with a pretty strong presence in Belarus. They are probably the more familiar with Belarusian sanctions than practically any other European bank.

They have a higher risk appetite than most banks their size, but they prefer to onboard companies that are at least 2-3 years old and have decent turnover already.
Thanks will give it a try. Had no luck with otherwise willing Cimbanq.
Company is 10+ years old and generates 4m/year.

Latest Threads