Our valued sponsor

Belize IBC dissolution question

belq3

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
After the recent laws passed whereby all belize IBC's must now report and pay income tax, I've decided I no longer wish to maintain an IBC. I wasn't even using it much anyway, and I no longer have a bank account with it.

The thing is, my offshore provider is asking a high price ($1.5k) to dissolve the company, and claiming that simply abandoning the company would put my name in bad standing and potential litigation.

I actually signed up for this forum after reading an earlier user asking the same question: Dissolution of Belize LLC Offshore Company

I just want to confirm, would abandoning the company and paying nothing still be a safe option? Have things changed? The company has no outstanding obligations and did not generate any income for 2 years.

If you're the only shareholder and the company has no outstanding obligations, I can't think of any litigation you would open yourself up to. The authorities in Belize don't care. They will just strike the company off.

I suppose in theory, it might be an issue if you in the future wish to form a new company in Belize. Never heard of anyone having issues like that. Just go with a different service provider or jurisdiction, if that's the case.

Latest Threads