Our valued sponsor

Best 1st world countries with low to zero income tax?

Just my 2 cents re: Bulgaria/Kosovo/Slovakia. Local languages there are a disaster for an average Canadian and % of locals speaking decent English (or French ;) ) is low. In addition, Bulgarians use non-Latin (Cyrillic) alphabet and (geo-)political situation in Kosovo is IMO also of concern.
Bulgaria sounds like a good option, i speak Russian so I presume they'll be able to communicate in it or in English?

Also Serbia seems like decent with their 15% income tax?

Doesn't matter for OP. OP has Canadian and Spanish passport (if my mind doesn't betray me)
Yep. Correct. I was born in Spain and naturalised Canadian.

Reactions: jafo
Live in Saudi Arabia for 30 days a year for 0 tax residence
A flat income tax rate of 20% is applied to the tax-adjusted profit of resident non-Saudi and non-GCC individuals.

ca#"! Is this only on Saudi incomes?

• Wow
A flat income tax rate of 20% is applied to the tax-adjusted profit of resident non-Saudi and non-GCC individuals.

ca#"! Is this only on Saudi incomes?
There are indeed some changes in the legislation. Its not anymore 100% tax free.

• Wow
It's not what you're looking for now but Russia has a 13% flat rate. Moscow is (in my opinion) the greatest city on Earth pre-war and, having been there a few times since the war began, still one of the best. If it weren't for these temporary difficulties I'd say it is perfect for your purposes. You can still bank with Raiffeisen there and there are dozens of rubles to crypto services in Moscow that all the Russians who are traveling regularly use.

• Haha
Reactions: Trayon and Konstanz
It's not what you're looking for now but Russia has a 13% flat rate. Moscow is (in my opinion) the greatest city on Earth pre-war and, having been there a few times since the war began, still one of the best. If it weren't for these temporary difficulties I'd say it is perfect for your purposes. You can still bank with Raiffeisen there and there are dozens of rubles to crypto services in Moscow that all the Russians who are traveling regularly use.

I know of two dudes who moved from Dubai to Moscow this year and they are both happy. They are back in Dubai now tho as winter is brutal there.

For what Ive been told they just pay taxes on the 'salaries' they are remitting and nobody is asking questions.

I know of two dudes who moved from Dubai to Moscow this year and they are both happy. They are back in Dubai now tho as winter is brutal there.

For what Ive been told they just pay taxes on the 'salaries' they are remitting and nobody is asking questions.
what are advantages of Moscow comparison to Dubai?

If they are Russian I would understand the point , but still you can be taken to fight for war in Ukraine. It's a bit crazy. If you are foreigner and don't speak Russian I don't really possibly understand how could you live there?

Last edited:
Bulgaria sounds like a good option, i speak Russian so I presume they'll be able to communicate in it or in English?

No problem with Russian. But you must also love smoking cigarettes to blend in well rof/%
Yes; as a Russian speaker you would be completely fine in Bulgaria. You could read anything immediately and Russian and Bulgarian are similar languages, so you can even learn quickly, if you want.

Well, interesting. I do not like the contemporary Russian regime but it is true that I have not been there personally for many years.

If they are Russian I would understand the point , but still you can be taken to fight for war in Ukraine. It's a bit crazy. If you are foreigner and don't speak Russian I don't really possibly understand how could you live there?
Yes. In the very past, speaking Russian was actually a must to live there comfortably. Maybe times have changed somehow, at least in Moscow? (I do not believe that it has changed at the province.)

Cost of living for sure. Moscow is not cheap, as in it's not Thailand, but Dubai is considerably more expensive. Moscow also has a more appealing aesthetic, as its got more greenery. Taxes are not outrageously high like a 15% and they get to decide how much they pay themselves.

I haven't lived in Moscow for any extended period so cant compare really but they are happy with their decision. Keep in mind that they don't do winters there.

They aint, one is French and the other Israeli. The French one somewhat butchers Russian. English is ok-ish for the most part but obvs if you speak RU the experience will be better yeah.

Well, interesting. I do not like the contemporary Russian regime but it is true that I have not been there personally for many years.

Me neither, Im just passing the info. Im not here defending Russia as being the perfect place to live but hey for part of the year it dont seem so bad. I wouldnt do winters there neither tbh.

Reactions: Forester and jafo

What english do you need? Get a lw
Cost of living for sure. Moscow is not cheap, as in it's not Thailand, but Dubai is considerably more expensive. Moscow also has a more appealing aesthetic, as its got more greenery. Taxes are not outrageously high like a 15% and they get to decide how much they pay themselves.

I haven't lived in Moscow for any extended period so cant compare really but they are happy with their decision. Keep in mind that they don't do winters there.

They aint, one is French and the other Israeli. The French one somewhat butchers Russian. English is ok-ish for the most part but obvs if you speak RU the experience will be better yeah.

Me neither, Im just passing the info. Im not here defending Russia as being the perfect place to live but hey for part of the year it dont seem so bad. I wouldnt do winters there neither tbh.
I DMed you, check bro.

Moscow makes sense 7 months a year, and Dubai makes sense 5-6 months a year weather wise.
Beautiful women in Russia, decent food, cheap lifestyle compared to the USA or Western europe.

Maybe Bosnia, 10% tax for companies 14% tax for individuals freelancers with 20% expense counted from revenue you receive to local bank. If you have a US business or Wise etc and debit cards to withdraw on ATM maybe 0% we are not in CRS. Its safe, good food, people.. But its not 1st world country or EU member if that matters to you. Come visit if you want to explore, I’d like to meet new friends will show you all you want to know.. not as any service to not misunderstand I mean free.

Cyprus
Under 19500 EUR - 0% personal tax, only 2.65% contribution
Non-dom status - 0% on dividends, only 2.65% contribution

Everyone speaks English
Probably the best deal in Europe.

Maybe Bosnia, 10% tax for companies 14% tax for individuals freelancers with 20% expense counted from revenue you receive to local bank. If you have a US business or Wise etc and debit cards to withdraw on ATM maybe 0% we are not in CRS. Its safe, good food, people.. But its not 1st world country or EU member if that matters to you. Come visit if you want to explore, I’d like to meet new friends will show you all you want to know.. not as any service to not misunderstand I mean free.
Politically unstable, poor infrastructure, extremely polluted air during the winter. Feels like 3rd world country.

Cyprus
Under 19500 EUR - 0% personal tax, only 2.65% contribution
Non-dom status - 0% on dividends, only 2.65% contribution

Everyone speaks English
With 19500 Euro I barely buy any food for my family.

The country you are looking for is Thailand ;-)
It was my choice but then they introduced those stupid Tax laws.

Reactions: Don
Brazil isn't a low-tax country!
Unless he is talking about this.
1704253321455.png

Unless he is talking about this.
View attachment 5902
Welcome to tax hell :)

• Haha
  • Wow