Our valued sponsor

Best EU structure: Romania micro-company (1%) + Georgia high net-worth (%5)

So its $20K a year minimum!!

UAE has options which will cost you less than $10K per year running costs.
I would recommend checking it out overall because it doesn't have a residency requirement but you can take advantage of residency tax rates.

On average running costs are $10K per annum.

Im sure there is an offer at the moment for tech and freelance registration at the moment. I will check and let the forum know.

Happy to discuss options with you via PM.

So the DMCC (largest freezone in the UAE) you can register your company first year costs $13K ongoing costs per year $8K.
Some of the othe states im sure will be cheaper. DMCC carries more prestige if your after that sort of thing.

How difficult will it be to open a bank account for such an DMCC entity and do you know how to go about it?

So its $20K a year minimum!!
The $16k is minimum business turnover, not running cost. The tax and pension requirements on $325 per month salary are only about $300 per year. I doubt that the OP would need a residence permit anyway, based on their requirements.

As cyprus123 points out, you can choose expensive options like Regus and you can find an expensive (by Georgian standards) accountant.

I think that UAE can work very well for some people, but costs are higher.

How difficult will it be to open a bank account for such an DMCC entity and do you know how to go about it?
DMCC is one of the best regarded centres for business in the GCC. Bank account opening is easy as the banks have branches there.
If the bank has some doubts regarding your business they will normally ask for a $10K deposit and ask you maintain that as a minimum balance.

Ajman is also very proactive and its about 40 min drive from Dubai International Airport. They want a bigger slice of the market and so have priced there proposition quite aggressively.

The $16k is minimum business turnover, not running cost. The tax and pension requirements on $325 per month salary are only about $300 per year. I doubt that the OP would need a residence permit anyway, based on their requirements.

As cyprus123 points out, you can choose expensive options like Regus and you can find an expensive (by Georgian standards) accountant.

I think that UAE can work very well for some people, but costs are higher.
Correct me if im wrong but he will need to establish a "base" otherwise his home country could come after him.

My thinking is total coverage so there are no questions. It would be cheaper in the long run to have a total solution therefore negating any future issues.
Thats what I advise my clients but thats not to say there maybe other very good options like Georgia.

As always if you want tax free solutions then move to a tax free country.

Even if OP has a base offshore I don't see how it helps with taxation at place of residence. The location of the work is the issue. Maybe you can fall through the gaps if you move country frequently enough, but that nomadic approach is not easy.

As always if you want tax free solutions then move to a tax free country.
Absolutely true. Or compromise and move somewhere with low taxes that you like (weather, food, people, etc) and has a good cost of living.

Or look for territorial taxation if you have passive income.

1. If you buy an apartment there for between $80-$150K you get a residency card.

Last I checked it was more like $250k and you must bring either 50% or $250k to the table.
So you could either buy an apartment for $1m and make a downpayment of $250k or buy an apartment for $250k (the minimum amount), but then only 50% can be loaned.
And also the apartment must be in your name, not the bank’s name. Which most banks won’t go along with.
In other words: If you don’t have at least $125k to invest, or ideally enough cash to buy the apartment outright, forget about it.

Reactions: khinkali
Last I checked it was more like $250k and you must bring either 50% or $250k to the table.
So you could either buy an apartment for $1m and make a downpayment of $250k or buy an apartment for $250k (the minimum amount), but then only 50% can be loaned.
And also the apartment must be in your name, not the bank’s name. Which most banks won’t go along with.
In other words: If you don’t have at least $125k to invest, or ideally enough cash to buy the apartment outright, forget about it.
Depends which Emirate.
Ajman currently allows you residency with this investment. Dubai and Abu Dhabi is a lot higher.

Similarly a DMCC Service company will cost you 8-10k per year but an Ajman will cost 6-8k per year. Ajman are a bit more flexible than Dubai or Abu Dhabi

Are those really the latest rules? I was so sure I had read they had changed them...
Some service providers ranking on the 1st page of Google actually have outdated info, e.g. 20% management consulting fees, which was removed from the law, or even the 65,000 threshold instead of 1,000,000.
The most recent article I've managed to find so far: Micro-Enterprise in Romania: 1% Corporate Tax

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad
What will be the turnover in the case of trading Forex ?
When I spoke to Romanian accountants, they said that F/X does not count as regular income (requires quarterly statements), but the net gains for the whole year constitute a tax base in the last quarter of the fiscal year. So, as far I understood, you need to keep the same 1M/year limit even if F/X is your sole activity.

Latest Threads