Our valued sponsor

Best offshore country for bitcoin mining??

If you literally want to mine bitcoin then just look for a jurisdiction with low energy costs. The profits can always be shifted with Mining rig management fees, overinvoiced hardware, administration, coding or whatever fees. And how to tell how many BTC you have mined in reality?
So wouldn't even look for a jurisdiction where mining profits are tax free or something.

If you literally want to mine bitcoin then just look for a jurisdiction with low energy costs. The profits can always be shifted with Mining rig management fees, overinvoiced hardware, administration, coding or whatever fees. And how to tell how many BTC you have mined in reality?
So wouldn't even look for a jurisdiction where mining profits are tax free or something.
Exactly, it's not about tax but operation costs (import taxes, energy costs, etc.)

Reactions: troubled soul
Owned and run by a miner. I didn't approach them but two advisors said there is basically zero chance of being accepted.

On the other hand, Georgia has good electricity prices and if you have a lot of capital you can invest in a hydro plant which gives very cheap electricity once you've paid off the construction costs.
I wouldn't trust what advisors say.
Contact the TFZ directly.
They have a most lovely COO named Julie that is very pro-active and goes to lengths to accommodate client's/potential client's needs.

Contact the TFZ directly.
They have a most lovely COO named Julie that is very pro-active and goes to lengths to accommodate client's/potential client's needs.
thanks for the information. What you say is that you can ask them to help you with the entire setup? Will they charge for their service to help you directly?

Reactions: seabreeze
thanks for the information. What you say is that you can ask them to help you with the entire setup? Will they charge for their service to help you directly?
Well, they consult you. They setup the company for you. They give you the license and they lease you the space. And they don't do it as middlemen.

There is a setup fee (2k$ I think), co registration fee and yearly license fees. They're the same whether you have them help you or go though an agent, or not.

So, basically, having them hold your hand does not cost extra. And there is no advantage in approaching them via a middleman.

In a non-trivial case I was involved in, they even got a legal opinion from their own legal counsel specific to the case, free of charge. Nice, smart, business-oriented people.

Reactions: khinkali
They say $2k setup and $4k (1 license) or $8k (general license) per year.

@alexeikarp did you also have to pay rent too? Minimum 100 sqm for about $8k per year? Do they also arrange a residence permit through the FZE? If so it's good value I think. Sorry for all the questions, you've really got me interested in TFZ.

In terms of the thread title, I've seen TFZ advertise $0.05 for electricity and I'm pretty sure there's no VAT.

They say $2k setup and $4k (1 license) or $8k (general license) per year.

@alexeikarp did you also have to pay rent too? Minimum 100 sqm for about $8k per year? Do they also arrange a residence permit through the FZE? If so it's good value I think. Sorry for all the questions, you've really got me interested in TFZ.

In terms of the thread title, I've seen TFZ advertise $0.05 for electricity and I'm pretty sure there's no VAT.
The prices seem to be in line with what I recall.
A residence permit in Georgia is a piece of cake, also because you don't technically need one (can stay and work 365 days just by virtue of crossing the border).
Good luck.

Thanks. I guess $16k for setup, general license and rent isn't too bad if I decide to stay and legally hire people here.

A residence permit in Georgia is a piece of cake, also because you don't technically need one (can stay and work 365 days just by virtue of crossing the border).
It was a piece of cake until they closes the borders. Now it's a choice of get (perhaps just apply for) a permit by June 30, or move somewhere and maybe come back after 2 vaccine doses.

Thanks. I guess $16k for setup, general license and rent isn't too bad if I decide to stay and legally hire people here.

It was a piece of cake until they closes the borders. Now it's a choice of get (perhaps just apply for) a permit by June 30, or move somewhere and maybe come back after 2 vaccine doses.
Mind you, I've lived in Georgia for a while. Wifey and small kiddo. We didn't like to too much and are not enticed to return, though it is an efficient and cost effective place for some activities:
- Tbilissi is cold in winter and extremely stuffy in summer, suffering from pollution entrapped by surrounding hills.
- The interesting areas of Tbilissi aren't really very large in area, after all. A lot of things are run down.
- Batumi is a pain to get to and whilst has some nice areas is generally underwhelming and post soviet. The beaches are like 2/5.
- The vast majority of regulated service providers I have talked to are very... unknowledgeable. Though I have eventually found a couple of gems. Same goes for some people like taxi drivers or home help, they sometimes act really clueless...
- Prices are on the low side, but not always, and sometimes you get what you paid for. A lot of dubious restaurants straight out of the 90s, suspiciously large tutti-frutti menus etc... The good stuff costs accordingly.
- Some uneasiness if you happen to be russian-speaking.
- Countryside and minor cities are...

It's not explicitly bad by any means. But a little meh.

@alexeikarp location preference is very personal. I am from UK and was in Thailand before Georgia, almost 3 years in each. Better weather than either, good restaurants (variable, but there are gems), great wines. The only real downside for me is that I'm not good at picking up languages and Georgian is hard (but then so is Thai, I am equally bad at both).

@369 I think you underestimate the inertia. I find Bitcoin about the least useful cryptocurrency I've used, but people want to store value in it. Why does USDT have 450x the market cap and 20000x times the volume of PAXG, which has better trust and is backed by a better asset? Brand.

Reactions: seabreeze
@alexeikarp location preference is very personal. I am from UK and was in Thailand before Georgia, almost 3 years in each. Better weather than either, good restaurants (variable, but there are gems), great wines. The only real downside for me is that I'm not good at picking up languages and Georgian is hard (but then so is Thai, I am equally bad at both).

@369 I think you underestimate the inertia. I find Bitcoin about the least useful cryptocurrency I've used, but people want to store value in it. Why does USDT have 450x the market cap and 20000x times the volume of PAXG, which has better trust and is backed by a better asset? Brand.
Because of its usability and liquidity on exchanges.
Bitcoin is going to die once governmental digital money will be established.It will raise a final time caused by people fleeing from negative interest and after that they will be milked by the professionals.
You first need to understand that behind bitcoin are governments.After that you need to understand their agenda.Else you will be milked.

There is a nice sentence which i learned when i was young.
People who run after the herd will only eat their waste.
I lost a lot in the dot com bubble realising that all that hype is fake caused to milk the citizens by professionals.Bitcoin is nothing diffrent.Once it finishes its purpose it will tank heavily.

Because of its usability and liquidity on exchanges.
Bitcoin is going to die once governmental digital money will be established.It will raise a final time caused by people fleeing from negative interest and after that they will be milked by the professionals.
You first need to understand that behind bitcoin are governments.After that you need to understand their agenda.Else you will be milked.

There is a nice sentence which i learned when i was young.
People who run after the herd will only eat their waste.
I lost a lot in the dot com bubble realising that all that hype is fake caused to milk the citizens by professionals.Bitcoin is nothing diffrent.Once it finishes its purpose it will tank heavily.
How do you come up with your nice conclusions about these (wild conspiracy?) theories and can I get into that agenda as well?
Amazon also went bankrupt during dot com if I am correctly. ;)

• Haha
Reading reports and knowing who created Bitcoin.
JPM Morgan bank was trading bitcoin already in 2011 where reports showed they logged on average about 50 times per day on bitcoin exchanges.
Its called a distribution.That's a 101 traders knowledge .
A good example NKLA which made a contract with a bank for distribution of their new shares.Price of NKLA skyrocket to $94 and when the distribution phase ended the price went down to $11 .
It's common practise.Dot com was also to raise capital for new companies and just a few would make it.
At crypto it won't be diffrent however it will be fully regulated cryptos like sto's but for sure not bitcoin.
You can tank bitcoin today just with it's financial tools like paper bitcoin which is not backed by anything.
KYC on all exchanges will kill it anyways.Also it's a clear Ponzi.I always laugh reading the noobs how they defend bitcoin that its not a ponzi but money.
It's as long valuable as long as the elite wishes and nothing else.
It will get milked like the dot com stocks and after 5-10 years there will be some big tokens coming out which doesn't exist today which will be fully comply and regulated.
If you claim something diffrent than you have no clue about crypto and how it works

Btw just because you are uneducated it doesn't mean it is a conspiracy.I guess you call everything you don't know a conspiracy to add some value to your poor education

Reading reports and knowing who created Bitcoin.
JPM Morgan bank was trading bitcoin already in 2011 where reports showed they logged on average about 50 times per day on bitcoin exchanges.
Its called a distribution.That's a 101 traders knowledge .
A good example NKLA which made a contract with a bank for distribution of their new shares.Price of NKLA skyrocket to $94 and when the distribution phase ended the price went down to $11 .
It's common practise.Dot com was also to raise capital for new companies and just a few would make it.
At crypto it won't be diffrent however it will be fully regulated cryptos like sto's but for sure not bitcoin.
You can tank bitcoin today just with it's financial tools like paper bitcoin which is not backed by anything.
KYC on all exchanges will kill it anyways.Also it's a clear Ponzi.I always laugh reading the noobs how they defend bitcoin that its not a ponzi but money.
It's as long valuable as long as the elite wishes and nothing else.
It will get milked like the dot com stocks and after 5-10 years there will be some big tokens coming out which doesn't exist today which will be fully comply and regulated.
If you claim something diffrent than you have no clue about crypto and how it works

Btw just because you are uneducated it doesn't mean it is a conspiracy.I guess you call everything you don't know a conspiracy to add some value to your poor education
lol ;) how about posting some of your precious reports instead of just flaming around like a teen boy?

Latest Threads