Our valued sponsor

Question Best Offshore Jurisdiction for TransferWise

Do you think Seychelles better than Belize?
It depends on context. It probably doesn't make a big difference in this case, but I would place Seychelles ever so slightly ahead of Belize. I would take BVI before either of them.

Maybe consider Mauritius? It's somewhere between Belize/Seychelles and BVI in terms of reputability. Bit more paperwork.

According to the Companies Act (https://www.companieshouse.gi/publications/C0025.pdf), financial statements are mandatory even for Micro and small companies.
Yes, but @rowena seemed more concerned about audits, not financial statements.

It depends on context. It probably doesn't make a big difference in this case, but I would place Seychelles ever so slightly ahead of Belize. I would take BVI before either of them.

Maybe consider Mauritius? It's somewhere between Belize/Seychelles and BVI in terms of reputability. Bit more paperwork.
If this is the case I prefer BVI because sometimes I receive KYC/DD requests from my personal bank accounts in the EU(Switzerland & France) and it is better to show them BVI company instead of Seychelles.

BVI company option looks good. No audit, no fillings and better reputability than Belize, Seychelles, Nevis etc...

Yes, but @rowena seemed more concerned about audits, not financial statements.
My concern is about mostly wasting the time. I receive payments from Google/Apple and I send revenue to directly my personal EU bank accounts. Since my business is simple(12 payments per year, $2M annual turnover), I don't want to waste time chasing audits etc..

Reactions: ReMida
Hi rowena,

Your french personal bank accept funds received from your BVI without any problem (even without financial statements and accounting audited) ?

When financial statements are audited, it's probably better to be accepted, so it is worth the waste of time maybe?

I would like to ask your a question about France, but I'm not able to send PM.

Reactions: rowena
BVI company option looks good. No audit, no fillings and better reputability than Belize, Seychelles, Nevis etc...
what troubles do you faced to setup your BVI company if you don't mind to tell about the registration process in some steps?

It is easy. I just need to prepare invoices and file an empty annual return to HMRC because I don't have UK taxed income. Am I missing something?
As far as I know you need to report even foreign income. You will not be taxed, but you need to report everything coming in and out of your bank account. I have an accountant in the UK who is filing everything on my behalf, but I sitll need to take care of internal accounting and prepare general ledger.

As far as I know you need to report even foreign income. You will not be taxed, but you need to report everything coming in and out of your bank account. I have an accountant in the UK who is filing everything on my behalf, but I sitll need to take care of internal accounting and prepare general ledger.
It shouldn't be like that. Please check the HMRC guideline for non-resident LLP reporting below.

4. Partnership consists solely of non-resident partners
Where all the partners are non-resident, the Partnership Tax Return should show only the profits arising from UK operations. A corporate partner should separately enter on its return any profit arising overseas which relates to the UK permanent establishment.

It shouldn't be like that. Please check the HMRC guideline for non-resident LLP reporting below.

Yeah, could be, but my accountant still wants to see full bank statements and general ledger. It could be that their procedure is a bit strict, but I am not complaining given that I also bank internationally and banks like to see a full financial statement report.

Reactions: Fred
A bit offtopic question, can someone confirm does (Transfer)Wise accept RAK UAE companies or not?

Thanks!
No longer.

Since mid of February Wise closed all UAE Borderless Accounts no matter if personal or company.

You can still login and send money using your Debit Card but no longer use the dedicated IBAN / Account details across all currencies.

Reactions: Mark Rucken

Latest Threads