Our valued sponsor

Best setup for investing in stock market

Roserz

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
I am a non-US person and active trader in USA stock markets. I was suggested to invest through an offshore company, as I can defer tax payments in my country for when I withdrawal funds, instead of when I make profits in the trading account.
What you think is the best setup for an individual wanting to trade in USA through an offshore company? I know most non-residents do not pay capital gains tax and have to pay 30% witholding tax on dividends. Are american stock brokers like Interactive Brokers fine with offshore clients? What's the most recommended company type?

Reactions: adoffshore
I am a non-US person and active trader in USA stock markets. I was suggested to invest through an offshore company, as I can defer tax payments in my country for when I withdrawal funds, instead of when I make profits in the trading account.
What you think is the best setup for an individual wanting to trade in USA through an offshore company? I know most non-residents do not pay capital gains tax and have to pay 30% witholding tax on dividends. Are american stock brokers like Interactive Brokers fine with offshore clients? What's the most recommended company type?
IB will take offshore companies. They have access to a lot of markets & securities and have low fees so could be a good option. Deferring taxes will depend on your country of residence, CFC laws etc. And IB will report the beneficial owner I believe. Popular offshore jurisdictions for low taxes include Belize & Seychelles.

because they maintain privacy and no public records while Seychelles and many other's don't do!
I think that's a bit misleading. Belize memorandum and articles of association are public records. Seychelles is similar but from 1st December 2018 a register of directors is public record. This is obviously very easy to avoid with a nominee however and anyone concerned with privacy would be advised to use one, even with a Belize corp.

Latest Threads